Official Off Topic Thread

Has anyone else noticed a certain bizarre little sound effect that appears to be creeping into many metal songs these days?

The only precise example I can think of is on the track Sun Caged by the band of the same name on the album of the same name. In the intro, this weird "twinkle" sound effect is played at the end of each repetition of the riff. It first occurs circa 2 seconds if you're interested.

I've also heard it on stuff by Red Circuit, Allen-Lande and the new Masterplan too I think. I know it's made its way into other albums too, but I forget who else has used it.

The only reason I make note of it is that it doesn't seem to serve any purpose, apart from to make me cringe every time I hear it.

Has anyone else noticed a certain bizarre little sound effect that appears to be creeping into many metal songs these days?

The only precise example I can think of is on the track Sun Caged by the band of the same name on the album of the same name. In the intro, this weird "twinkle" sound effect is played at the end of each repetition of the riff. It first occurs circa 2 seconds if you're interested.

I've also heard it on stuff by Red Circuit, Allen-Lande and the new Masterplan too I think. I know it's made its way into other albums too, but I forget who else has used it.

The only reason I make note of it is that it doesn't seem to serve any purpose, apart from to make me cringe every time I hear it.

If you can point out where it can be heard on the Allen-Lande or Masterplan album(s) I'll look it up since I don't got Sun Caged. Otherwise I don't really understand what you mean.

Here are my loot from the Evergrey gig. I also had the chance to take photos with the band, but my dumbass cousin drained the batteries before that. I still feel down for this, damn.
But Evergrey was great, they are so nice that you'd want to hug them and squeeze their cheeks :) They are playing non-stop everyday, but they still find the time to hang out for the fans after the gig. Now this is greatness.

resim0015dp.jpg
resim0020um.jpg

PS: You won't believe but i found the pick on the floor after the gig :) And while i was trying to get a photo with the band (i couldn't but i tried), band members started to tickle me :) "I've been tickled by Evergrey" :)

had a nice B-day party yesterday... Fucking awesome!
started with a repetition with the band. Our (female) flutiste's husband who also teaches guitar was coming to check us out. We played some acoustic riff, and he says like: "I know that from somewhere". So he takes the guitar and plays the riff he knows... "uuhh... doesn't sound like that at all... what's that crap?"
"its Metallica." :D

our guitarist took the guitar and taught him some Opeth? ;)

ps: yes, evergrey is great. But I don't want to be tickled by men...

lmao awesome turke! I found a pick on the floor at a gig too, it's amazing when people don't catch them or wonder (what did he just throw at me?) and they just get lost, and when everyone leaves... there it is.

I found a Joe Satriani pick on the floor at the end of the G3 concert which I was pretty cheerin' about, but I was a bit annoyed cos the guy right in front of me got a John Petrucci pick and the guy next to me got a Mike Portnoy stick... :erk:

My Xbox 360 broke this morning for the third time. It's going out the door, and a brand new Ps3 is coming in!

I was at a local toy store wii hunting a few days ago and someone brought back their 360 saying it got abnormally hot and then crapped out.Did you have the same problem? It seems to be the common issue with them.