Official Off Topic Thread

I'd have to disagree. :erk: I'm in two relatively "metal" bands, I play performances and do guitar solos and everything, yet I usually have no money and I live with my dad. I'm also in an info tech class.

So... is there such thing as semi-metal?

EDIT: I only disagree somewhat.

I still live with my parents and intend to until I can successfully support myself (likely after college).

Yeah, Hair cutting is totally FTL

:mad:

Baseball makes me do it:cry:

Beelzebub said:
Indeed. I was kind of surprised that turke said what he did, mainly because the bimbo wasn't playing guitar.

:lol: - where would she find room to hold a guitar?

Taliwakker said:
i bet Kenneth worte that comment on his laptop in the corner of a tittie bar.

nothing wrong with tittie bars! they are a good place for women to go to get left alone.. unless you're me.. having a game of pool with you.. and the other guy in the place is a drunk aboriginal guy - ah the good ol days of Tony's Topless Bar in the valley :lol:

Jax said:
Not Metal = being a broke-ass longhaired dork living with your parents

alas that's the closest thing to 'metal' that ever hits on me :( - that's why i usually never date metal guys :lol:

Kenneth...don't knock Tony's if you've never been...its a special place for me and Charis.....if we were to ever marry we would hold the reception there....nothing like being surrounded by fat women working off debts with 45 year old tits......and for an extra $10 you can get a lap dance.

Today I'm going to buy a new couch. I was thinking about one with pull-out bed. I've been without couch since August, so it's about the time to evolve and rise up from the floor.

Hmm, I need third bookcase too. :lol:

Metal = being a responsible headbanger with a good job & money to spend on shows & gear & CDs, hair length notwithstanding
Not Metal = being a broke-ass longhaired dork living with your parents

You'll learn this one day, my grasshoppers. *nod*

LOL!!!! I'm 22, live with the folks, always broke, long hair... but the thing is that i actually choose that. I have a job, and i could afford to move out into my own place if i chose to. I just really don't want to spend all my money on bills. I would rather spend my money on cds, dvds, import shit and save bucks by living at home.

I know the type you're talking about, and eventually i'll be a grown up and move out, but for now i'll be happy acquiring shit in my room :lol:

Reactions: progmetaldan
LOL!!!! I'm 22, live with the folks, always broke, long hair... but the thing is that i actually choose that. I have a job, and i could afford to move out into my own place if i chose to. I just really don't want to spend all my money on bills. I would rather spend my money on cds, dvds, import shit and save bucks by living at home.

I know the type you're talking about, and eventually i'll be a grown up and move out, but for now i'll be happy acquiring shit in my room :lol:

DoomsdayZach, You're my hero!!! :worship: I think I'll be in exactly the same position at age 22... :headbang:

Haha. well, i get along with the parents, they give me privacy, so it's cool. And like i said, it's a choice, not a necessity. So yeah, i figure i'll move out in good time (within the next year). My bro did the same though. He's 24, just moved out a few months ago but he is the manager of a credit union and bought his own house (he's not a metalhead btw, but just to further the point). So he's doing real well and a lot of that has to do with his decision to live at home and save his money.

Like i said, i spend my money, but i spend it mostly on stuff that i know is going to be of value to me in the future. Cd's and stuff like that. It's not like i'm spending it all on pot or booze or shit like that (in fact, very little goes to alcohol and none to drugs. any pot i smoke is freeby's from friends :lol: )

Plus, i don't care if people think i'm a loser staying at home. I'm sitting there in my room laughing my balls off while friends my age are scrounging trying to figure out how they're going to pay their bills and get groceries. Not to sound like a dick, but honestly, i've seen some of my friends make shit decisions in the name of "being independant" and "having privacy". I'll get there, but for now i'm perfectly happy with my stuff. :D

Yeah I get on well with my parents, and they had our shed renovated, so I have my bedroom out there, which is awesome, heaps of privacy. ANd saving up your money first is a heaps better idea than just moving out. In fact, my parents recommended that I hang around til I get married or can afford my own home... I'm quite content with that arrangement...

^^ my neighbours brother did just that... lived at home until he got married (at his parents request) and then only took 3 years to pay off his house.

and welcome back... your dad said i could mock you so... "mock mock mock mock"

^^ my neighbours brother did just that... lived at home until he got married (at his parents request) and then only took 3 years to pay off his house.

and welcome back... your dad said i could mock you so... "mock mock mock mock"

Thanks a lot... :rolleyes: Yeah, he said you'd been in. Sorry that yer guitar was unrepairable, but I heard you picked up the BC Rich style electric. :headbang: That's a very nice one, same brand as mine, but mine is Ibanez style... They're a very good guitar for their price... :cool:

I lived with my parents until last August.

I was 23 years, equipped with long hair, a carpenter as profession, living with my parents, and if I bothered to do something it was considered a miracle. How much more close to Jesus can you get? :lol:

edit: And just to add, the reason I didn't move earlier was my father's condition. Actually I liked to live there too, I never experienced this gotta-move-away-from-my-parents-phenomenon which most of my friends seemed to. When I got to the university of applied sciences I decided to move on.

Reactions: progmetaldan
Thanks a lot... :rolleyes: Yeah, he said you'd been in. Sorry that yer guitar was unrepairable, but I heard you picked up the BC Rich style electric. :headbang: That's a very nice one, same brand as mine, but mine is Ibanez style... They're a very good guitar for their price... :cool:
yepyep so now i have to learn to play the damn thing, lol!! i have the idiots guide to guitar so i have no excuse... oh yeah, no amp...

and as for kids moving out of home... i couldnt wait to leave, but that was in the 70's and thats what we did then... finish high school and get the hell out. in all honesty, i cant wait for my daughter to move out, maybe that independent streak she used to have might resurface (not holding my breath though)