Official Off Topic Thread

Metal = being a responsible headbanger with a good job & money to spend on shows & gear & CDs, hair length notwithstanding
Not Metal = being a broke-ass longhaired dork living with your parents

You'll learn this one day, my grasshoppers. *nod*
...Being in a metal band has made me broke more than anything else ever has. I rarely get new CDs, once in a while concert tickets, and hardly ever new gear - mine's all used, beat to hell, and in need of maintenance. But it's worth it.

Also, what's wrong with being a dork? :)

Anyone see the G3 lineup this year?

Satch, Petrucci, and Gilbert.

The absence of Vai is pretty bogus, but I've been wondering from the beginning why Paul Gilbert had never been on the bill. I think it'll be kickass.

Anyone see the G3 lineup this year?

Satch, Petrucci, and Gilbert.

The absence of Vai is pretty bogus, but I've been wondering from the beginning why Paul Gilbert had never been on the bill. I think it'll be kickass.

Wow, as much as I love Petrucci, I don't think he should be there instead of Vai. Vai's a much better performer and a lot more entertaining.

Would anybody cut their hair for, say, a six-figure job?

Ahhh, the joy of being female and not having to worry about hair length... ;)

Although this raises a question. Why has long hair been considered "unprofessional" in men? I don't understand why, as long as men keep a clean appearance and trimmed in a healthy way, why it can't be long just like women's hair.

BTW, saying it's Christianity's fault is not an excuse because those particular critics failed to read the instructions for the Nazirite oath before making their stupid remarks. ;)

Even though G3 is Satriani's thing, I'd rather see it as Vai, Petrucci & Gilbert... As bad as it sounds, and I enjoy Satriani's music, but at G3, after listening to both Vai and Petrucci's sets, Satriani's songs were way too mainstream and bordering on - dare I say it- boring... :erk: I had some wierd idea that for some reason Satriani wouldn't be able to play and that Tony MacAlpine would step up and do a set of his solo stuff... Wishful thinking eh... But yeah, it's great to see Paul Gilbert finally a part of G3, but it won't be the same without Vai... I really hope they do a live dvd with solo stuff from Paul Gilbert's new album, and some of the other songs from Petrucci's solo album (only having 2 on the last dvd was a disgrace IMO )... Anyway, should be interesting regardless...