Official Off Topic Thread

you guys are right, getting into berklee is 100% about skill and they have incredibly high standards. If you don't believe me, just watch this video of a senior recital at berklee. This fellow was good enough to get accepted, last long enough to have a senior recital, AND graduate:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-760967290136933591&q=eric+larue

(because i don't post here as often as you guys, let me just clarify that this post is ridden with sarcasm.......unfortunately though, I wasn't joking about that being a video of a real Berklee student's real senior recital and he really graduated. Also, the guitarist/bassist are both berklee students as well)

Anyway, nothing against people who go/want to go to berklee, and I wish Ptah the best of luck. That school has some serious problems though.

you guys are right, getting into berklee is 100% about skill and they have incredibly high standards. If you don't believe me, just watch this video of a senior recital at berklee. This fellow was good enough to get accepted, last long enough to have a senior recital, AND graduate:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-760967290136933591&q=eric+larue

(because i don't post here as often as you guys, let me just clarify that this post is ridden with sarcasm.......unfortunately though, I wasn't joking about that being a video of a real Berklee student's real senior recital and he really graduated. Also, the guitarist/bassist are both berklee students as well)

Anyway, nothing against people who go/want to go to berklee, and I wish Ptah the best of luck. That school has some serious problems though.

I can't believe Dream Theater were in the same school after i watched this. So we are all Berklee graduates already, if all graduates are like that :)

Nah, spontaneous combustions ftw.

Spontaneous Combustion-3
Gardening accident-1

turke- I certainly didn't mean to imply that all Berklee grads/students are like that because they've had some pretty amazing musicians graduate from there or at least attend for a little whiile. However for a school as prestigious and reknowned (not to mention expensive) as Berklee is, it's a complete joke that that kid was even accepted, much less allowed to make it as far as senior recital/graduation. No offence to the guy, because if nothing else he at least seems pretty passionate about what he's doing.

didn't the DT guys drop out of berklee to pursue DT? ... :lol:

Good point! I know a guy named Danny Dunlop who graduated from Berklee. He has played with Katie Rose and Sting I believe. He said berklee is more about getting discovered than actually completing it. Besides, would you want to go to the same school that is responsible for John Mayer? I wouldn't!

Well i also know John Mayer, who dropped out of Berklee, and he is very good actually.

So the lesson is: Don't finish the school, drop out :lol: