Official Off Topic Thread

Jax said

Okay knock it the hell off, children. You guys want to be assholes to each other, go do it on MSN, but don't scare even more people off with your BS or you will be permanently banned from this forum. JayDub's not the only one who's sick of your shit.

Okay Jax, is it really that big of a deal? I mean c'mon, this is the internet, not congress. He kinda deserved it imo, you don't want threads like that littering the forum, do you?

Okay Jax, is it really that big of a deal? I mean c'mon, this is the internet, not congress. He kinda deserved it imo, you don't want threads like that littering the forum, do you?

Deserved it? How the hell did he deserve it? This isn't YOUR forum, and who anointed you the beat down police? You want to talk litter? Take a look at HALF the forum...... I'd really give this a rest, if I was you.....

Deserved it? How the hell did he deserve it? This isn't YOUR forum, and who anointed you the beat down police? You want to talk litter? Take a look at HALF the forum...... I'd really give this a rest, if I was you.....

I wasn't the one doing the beating, remember? He deserved it for making a shit thread that has been done a million times before. It's an exhausted topic that will not merit any productive discussion. And he's not a new member either, so he should have known to search before making a thread. Most everyone here knows to do that.

btw I don't want to be banned, I'm just making a point...

Okay Jax, is it really that big of a deal?

Yep. I'm sick to death of hearing from people who leave the forum because ya'll behave like ridiculous children. You all, of course, don't see how many people you've chased off because they don't care to return, & most of the time I can't blame them. With the new cd coming out soon, we're going to have lots of new people wandering in within the next few months, and this crap will not be tolerated; ya'll need to learn how to behave, or take yourselves elsewhere.

I mean c'mon, this is the internet, not congress. He kinda deserved it imo

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. He didn't come in and say 'hey, when's the band doing a dvd?'; he stated how much he enjoyed the Gigantour footage & wanted to share with others who might agree with how good it was & who were hoping for a dvd as well. Not the first time a topic like the dvd has been revisited & it won't be the last; however, he came at it from a 'wasn't this great? wouldn't more be awesome' angle, not the usual whiny 'we want a dvd waah' angle. NOT a "shit topic" at all. And in return, ya'll pulled your dickhead act on him. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that he's an old friend (he was on the SymX mailing list before most of you poorly behaved kiddies even knew what a computer was), but I have to say, ya'll are sure as hell getting good at making the band's fanbase look like a bunch of pricks. Way to go.

Something is going to change, and soon, I just need to sit down and talk to MJR and compare notes with JayDub and figure out how to handle it.

you don't want threads like that littering the forum, do you?

Threads like that aren't the litter here.

I'm in full agreement with Jax and J-Dub on this issue. Witty, humorous responses are one thing; being and sardonic asshole is quite another. Rose Immortal hasn't posted since Zach lit into her rather unnecessarily, and several others have left as Jax alluded to. As a band member, I surely wouldn't want my "official forum" to turn people away from my fan base.