Official Off Topic Thread

I really should be working on my final project for Economics right now (especially since it's due tomorrow, only half finished, and if I don't get at least a 75, I'll fail and not graduate High School :(), but the Sym X forum is much more fun.

speaking of Sweden, I think it's our National Day today...

I was listening to radio today and heard about it. It didn't go so good last year. Maybe you should cancel the decision that made your National Day a national holiday. Or at least the activists should find something else to do. :lol:

Or they could come up with a better excuse for it. I mean Americans get a free day off just because Christopher Columbus discovered a continent that people already lived on.

Or they could come up with a better excuse for it. I mean Americans get a free day off just because Christopher Columbus discovered a continent that people already lived on.
Oh, and he lied, stole, and threatened his crew to make sure everybody thought it was India, don't forget that.

So you see, nobody actually wanted America. Even its 'discoverer' rather had it be India.

Too bad the vikings already beat his ass to it. :headbang:

We should have Leifr Eiríksson Day.

EDIT: We do have one... just nobody cares :(
wikipedia said:
The Congress of the United States of America, by joint resolution (Public Law 88-566) approved on September 2, 1964, authorized and requested the President to proclaim October 9 of each year as "Leif Erikson Day".

Since then, Presidents have accordingly proceeded to call upon "all Americans to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies, activities, and programs to honor our rich Nordic-American heritage".

I'm Nordic American :lol:

Considering the fact the Indians where already there when the vikings landed, I'd say they beat the vikings to it as well. :p

I really wish it was the Vikings who really 100% settled America. Then we'd be a nation founded on the principles of Viking Metal.

Good live sounds IMO.

Lousy Finnish humor with even worse subtitles lol::

Last edited by a moderator: