Official Off Topic Thread

So i put my cars engine back together with some assistance from my dad. and now when i pull away, i get a drilling noise, like a dentists drill. i dont like this noise, it worries me.

Just the noise change when you accelerate? Does it still do it neutral?

Did you change the timing belt / take the head off?

lol @ duct tape on the wheel

So today at legion baseball practice we were taking live situational batting practice. The coach was calling balls and strikes and had a very wide strike zone. He called me out on a terrible pitch and said, "we gotta be aggressive, boys". So I was like " So you want us to swing at shit?" a little too loud as I walked back to the dugout. The coach overheard me and and I had to run a large amount of poles. But it was hilarious. [/end]

http://www.myspace.com/sturmis

A Finnish hard rock band. The most interesting fact is that their average age is 15 years. IMO they rock pretty good although I don't really listen to this kind of music.
How about The Flanger?? They're a pretty awesome finnish band. I remember ages ago seeing them play LTE's Universal Mind when they were like 14-16 and my jaw just dropped to the floor.

took my car over to mr clutch today, he said that the protective layer on the clutch plate has worn down, and the sound is the sound of the springs scraping against something, basically, getting a new clutch on friday, he also told me that my clutch is set up in some gay way, ive never known this because ive always kept it the way it was when i got it. it's an old banger of a car though, it only cost me £500, and i'll have spent £200 on repairs this month. at least it wasn't the gearbox, that would've been a write off!

logo.gif

yesterday when i went in to college for an exam i walked past two people smoking, one said to the other "i think smoking a few cigarettes a day is good for you, it challenges your body and makes it stronger"

how are people so retarded.

It's like boozing. Alcohol kills brain cells, yes, but much like the lions hunting the antilopes, only the weakest brain cells get slain. And because the weakest cells decide the overall speed of the brain functions, you will actually become smarter.

(Disclaimer: This is absolute bullshit, and I am quite aware of it. :D )

LOL. its a reference to the sea of tranquility website which says, something along the lines of "prog music is for intellectuals" its quoted somewhere in zachs review of PL i think.