Official Off Topic Thread

Do they really have nothing better to report about in Australia that they;re doing an article about lolCats?

LOL the irony that I'm reading htis on Caturday.

Hahaha... yeah I saw another article with "im in ur newspaper, writin ur article".

My display pic on MSN is a black metal take on the whole thing... "im in ur forest, pretendn to be ebil".

I don't like Horus

It reminds me of Powerslave... so I start headbanging. :kickass:

For Zach & Montu -

Looks like the guys from Necrophagist are staying at the Holiday Inn next door to where I work. Big ass Ibanez/Necrophagist tour bus parked by our garage. I THINK I saw Marco, the drummer, but I had to haul ass and get punched in because I was late...I only know of him from his work with Mike Keneally

I didn't see this post. Cool shit, I would've skipped work for that

Wait til you have a mortgage & other bills to pay! :)
Never saw them afterwards, and I took plenty of smoke breaks that night....
:(

Yeah, I guess:)

Anyway, I lost a bet and had to make a myspace. I probably won't get on it much because it's retarded, but here's the link if you want to add me.

Blah!

Hmmm... not playing parts that are written (by you?) and they say you have an ego. Let them participate more.
[longboringpost]

It has little to do with the parts I've made. It has to do with the dedication that they give to the band, which is very low. From missing band practices to not learning the parts I give them, to not caring about improving their skills. THEY admit they can't write music, so I do it for them. I don't have an ego of any sort, but I was a founding member of this band along with the drummer and we are the ones who've written the music. That's how it's always been. I think I might just quit the band after the album is over and work on my side project (another thing that bugs me is comprimising with the drummer about songs, so I have complete freedom with Iumentus). I just don't work well with other people, usually. They said I have an ego due to a misconception that I said "They can't play the parts I made for them" when it's actually "They don't care to learn the parts I made for them and would rather simplify everything". Quite a difference iyam. If I did let them "participate" more, nothing would be accomplished! I'm only referring really to 2 people though, and other than the drummer's whining, him and the singer I have no problems with.

[/longboringpost]

[longboringpost]

It has little to do with the parts I've made. It has to do with the dedication that they give to the band, which is very low. From missing band practices to not learning the parts I give them, to not caring about improving their skills. THEY admit they can't write music, so I do it for them. I don't have an ego of any sort, but I was a founding member of this band along with the drummer and we are the ones who've written the music. That's how it's always been. I think I might just quit the band after the album is over and work on my side project (another thing that bugs me is comprimising with the drummer about songs, so I have complete freedom with Iumentus). I just don't work well with other people, usually. They said I have an ego due to a misconception that I said "They can't play the parts I made for them" when it's actually "They don't care to learn the parts I made for them and would rather simplify everything". Quite a difference iyam. If I did let them "participate" more, nothing would be accomplished! I'm only referring really to 2 people though, and other than the drummer's whining, him and the singer I have no problems with.

[/longboringpost]
I definitely sympathize for you dude. That's exactly what OBP went through. (except the difference is that all the members of my band are able to write for themselves)

Tubbs it DOES sound like you have an Ego. So you would be better off in a situation where you have complete control. I do sympathize about people being lazy and undedicated however.

l_5c3724ff55d359540c736d8ea8409c05.jpg

:/