Official Off Topic Thread

hey, dont get me wrong. playing guitar cannot be even compared to playing a game about actually playing a guitar. i play guitar too.
but this game IMO isnt at all about trying to play a guitar, i see it like a game of coordination and memory, with cool characters, awesome guitars. it also makes you remember the songs covered live when u were just beggining to play the real guitar, and plus, while doing that, listen to pretty awesome songs like metallica's ONE, slayer's REIGN IN BLOOD, anthrax's CAUGHT IN A MOSH, black sabbath's WARPIGS, in flame's TAKE THIS LIFE, and even the impossible dragon force's song at the end, i dont actually like that band but that song is freaking hard to play with the controller.

and about call of duty 4. it kicks ass!

Exactly. I mean, you could also argue that writing your own songs is more fun, but sometimes you just want to rail on a fun rockin', non-technical cover. To me that's how guitar hero is. It's completely different from playing guitar, but it's a fun game nonetheles.

Exactly. I mean, you could also argue that writing your own songs is more fun, but sometimes you just want to rail on a fun rockin', non-technical cover.

speaking of which... I just came up with some screwed up fusion sounding thing, I think I like it, its almost technical, rythmically. I have no idea where it came from

I actually feel working on my own stuff is my easy way out, I have always found picking out other songs and getting them to sound right a challenge

Who here can point me to some program(s) to take two AVI files and SRT subtitles and merge them into one file, either AVI, iso, anything of that sort?

I found and tried to use a program once to do this, but the program was very beta and slow so I just closed the whole thing down and deleted it. Try searching some Anime forums, they should have some info on some.

So yeah, the ending of Assassin's Creed is the 2nd most awesome ending in all video game history.
Did you see the Guitar Hero South Park episode? Funny shit, and it ties right in with your quote above...
Easily one of the funniest episodes in the past 3 years.
I'm actually gonna go with Ken on this one. Guitar Hero's lame.
It's not that it's Lame. It's that Guitar Hero is pointless. I like games taht have a point that you have to reach. Guitar Hero's just like "Play this song!!" and that's it. And what comes after the song? Another song It doesn't go anywhere. That's why I like games that have a story to them. They go somewhere; and a game with a good story in some cases can be as good as a movie or a book in my opinion... Or at least as good as a bad book. Nothing beats a good book.
The way I see it, Guitar Hero is an excuse to say that you like to a band without actually having to listen to them. Nothing more, nothing less. I went to a party the other day where people were playing guitar hero as the party music, and it was the stupidest thing I'd ever seen. Too bad I still have yet to actually see anyone though that actually walks around with a Guitar Hero controller liek a regular guitar :lol:

Oh yeah and on the topic of Guitar Hero even though it died on the last page, yesterday morning in Guitar Center, I saw more people walking out of the store with a copy of that game than anything else. I was about to cry. Seriously.

Also Jax, has MJR ever had somebody ask him to autograph a Ukelele? I have an idea...