Official Off Topic Thread

This is pretty funny. I joined a group called "Open-minded metalheads" on last.fm. There was a thread called "10 'non metal' bands you enjoy". There are tons and tons of guys posting lists such as this:

1. Katatonia
2. Anathema
3. Porcupine Tree
4. Nirvana
5. Ulver
6. Riverside
7. Antimatter
8. Tenacious D
9. Three Days Grace (lol)
10. RHCP (lol)

Wow maaaaaan, that's so 'non-metal', I'm blown away.

My 2000 Pontiac Grand Am has over 200K miles on it, and still going strong (had it since 2004). However, the engine itself has about 100K miles less on it...apparently the previous owner blew out the original somehow.

Hey Ice dog just a off top question for ya
I noticed the crysis banner an im assuming your a fan , i just finished the first Crysis for the second time and was wondering if warhead was worth bothering with I hear its kinda short , I loved the fist one!!!

Crysis Warhead is indeed shorter than Crysis, as it was originally going to be an expansion, but Crytek had too much fun with it and expanded it to a stand-alone game. I highly recommend picking it up, and they priced it on the cheap side anyway ($30), so you can't lose...get it!

JDub, thoughts on the Cutler-Orton trade?

I guess we really won't know until the season starts, but here are some random thoughts: :)

I've said for YEARS that the Bears need a stud qb. Is Cutler "stud" enough? Only time will tell. I'm kind of surprised the Bears let go of Orton, but the Smith/Grossman love affair went on FAR too long, and the same could have happened with Orton. I'm on the fence about giving up the draft picks, but the Bears have a history of bad choices in the first round of the draft (i.e. Cedric Benson). I'm ok with trading Orton, we'll see how this all works out in September...

Let's hope he turns away from the whine-factor he's displayed over the past month. Then maybe he'll do well. The NM stud will undoubtedly slap him into manhood.

So, here we are again with the UN talking tough but then unwilling to take action when a country throws pie in the face of their conventions. Let's see how Mr. Obama reacts now that a nutjob can hit the shores of the US and the international community has failed to lift a finger.

Crysis Warhead is indeed shorter than Crysis, as it was originally going to be an expansion, but Crytek had too much fun with it and expanded it to a stand-alone game. I highly recommend picking it up, and they priced it on the cheap side anyway ($30), so you can't lose...get it!

Will Do calling local gamespot now

So, here we are again with the UN talking tough but then unwilling to take action when a country throws pie in the face of their conventions. Let's see how Mr. Obama reacts now that a nutjob can hit the shores of the US and the international community has failed to lift a finger.

What are you talking about ?

Depressing that in these times some people still want that shit hanging over their heads, they just keep escolating the bullshit, trying to trump in on a closed hand... and we import shit from those countries. I hate to say it but it will never end until they are all dead... but then that would be inhumane......... go figure

So what do you recommend we do, they haven't attacked us...and please don't say "pre-emptive strike" ;)

Best thing to do is wait until they do attack us then we wont have to do a fucking thing..... or any other country

The point is in this day what the hell does someone want long range assult weapons for ? We all know what they will do. We all know the foolish results of the cold war. Korea is a bunch of piss ants, no one wants to take over their country, they are clearly not for "self defence". If anyone wanted their shit ass fucking country they would have taken it decades ago. What your dealing with is a bunch of war mongering fuck heads that simply want to start shit.

Best thing to do is wait until they do attack us then we wont have to do a fucking thing..... or any other country

The point is in this day what the hell does someone want long range assult weapons for ? We all know what they will do. We all know the foolish results of the cold war. Korea is a bunch of piss ants, no one wants to take over their country, they are clearly not for "self defence". If anyone wanted their shit ass fucking country they would have taken it decades ago. What your dealing with is a bunch of war mongering fuck heads that simply want to start shit.

Agreed, you have a point. To be honest, that's what I've always thought about them.

Still, we're talking nuclear weapons here, this is serious shit. Thus, cool diplomacy is not to be compromised imo.

:headbang:

In a better world there would only be south korea... as Korea.

My point is the continued, well-proven ineptness of the UN. And Obama continues to pander to the internationals while ripping apart our country from the inside out. Kim just scored a major victory in snubbing his nose at the US and the international community as a whole. Together with Iran, Syria, and Pakistan, he'll work to get his hands on what he needs to make a much bigger statement, with the UN blocked by China and Russia. Not at all a pretty picture here. Japan and South Korea could be in a world of trouble, and I really hope out current president stands behind his nation's proven allies more than he stands behind his own people.