Official Off Topic Thread

Vivian Campbell, huh? Wow, that would have been cool. I haven't seen him since he was onstage with Dio... haha.

I'm a monster John Sykes fan. I saw Blue Murder in Lubbock back in ~'93-'94 and got to talk with him a good while out by the bus. VERY cool guy!

Hey guys,

We're proud to announce that Sensory Records artists Creation's End and Suspyre will be performing live at Sullivan Hall in New York City on Thursday, June 30th, 2011.

For those who are still unfamiliar with Creation's End, the band features members of bands such as James LaBrie Solo band (Dream Theater), Masterplan, Riot and Zandelle.

Suspyre has solidified their name as one of the premier Progressive Metal names in the tri state area. They're currently working on their new album due sometime later this year.

Make sure to come check it out! :)

concert_flyer_06302011_web.jpg

Definitely a show worth seeing, I caught Creation's End's release party and it was great. Marco Sfogli plays guitar for them and he's phenomenal.

Creation's End debut album came out last year. The band plays a very powerful blend of Power and Progressive metal and features current and former members of James LaBrie's Solo band, Masterplan, Riot and Zandelle. Their debut came out through Sensory Records, entitled "A New Beginning." Defnitely worth checking out.

www.creationsend.net
www.myspace.com/creationsendnyc

And Kenneth, I didn't use that thread because I am not promoting MYSELF. ;)

I wanna see Suspyre. I've never heard of Creation's End. I can't go though because it's on a Thursday. I hope Suspyre goes on tour when the new album comes out.

And what the hell is the reason why people under 21 need to pay more?

It says that Suspyre will only play for 35 minutes? Are you kidding me? They should get at least an hour! And this concert is only an hour and a half long? What do they think this is, a hardcore concert? They expect 2 prog metal bands who each have very long songs to play their own sets in less than an hour and a half while the people under 21 pay an extra 5 bucks more than the people over 21? I'm not losing sleep over this or anything, but this just sounds like the worst concert ever. I don't know how you can be satisfied paying to see Suspyre play for 35 then leaving after.

I wanna see Suspyre. I've never heard of Creation's End. I can't go though because it's on a Thursday. I hope Suspyre goes on tour when the new album comes out.

And what the hell is the reason why people under 21 need to pay more?

People under 21 pay more because they can't buy alcohol. Most people over 21 will buy many drinks,
probably anywhere from 5 to 10 dollars a drink. :kickass:

It says that Suspyre will only play for 35 minutes? Are you kidding me? They should get at least an hour! And this concert is only an hour and a half long? What do they think this is, a hardcore concert? They expect 2 prog metal bands who each have very long songs to play their own sets in less than an hour and a half while the people under 21 pay an extra 5 bucks more than the people over 21? I'm not losing sleep over this or anything, but this just sounds like the worst concert ever. I don't know how you can be satisfied paying to see Suspyre play for 35 then leaving after.

If you look closely at the poster for this show, right under Suspyre's name, you will see that it says "more
bands to be announced soon". And 10 or 15 dollars to see this show is a bargain these days!

:headbang:

People under 21 pay more because they can't buy alcohol. Most people over 21 will buy many drinks,
probably anywhere from 5 to 10 dollars a drink. :kickass:

If you look closely at the poster for this show, right under Suspyre's name, you will see that it says "more
bands to be announced soon". And 10 or 15 dollars to see this show is a bargain these days!

:headbang:

I saw it said "more bands to be announced" but who cares? If it wasn't already announced, I'm sure they will be no name bands. I doubt they would add on a band like Seventh Wonder or Cloudscape. It will probably be something like "Old Billy Bob's Jambaree" or "Anarchy Xtreme".

fail dude, "Old Billy Bob's Jambaree" is the shit! :headbang:

Nice cover art btw

I remember going to an A7X concert back when I was in middle school and I stood through like 4 hours of no name Japanese bands who all sounded the EXACT same. Is there ever a time when an opening band is actually good?

And are you referring to my avatar?

It would be nice if Cairo could be on this bill. I bet when Suspyre get off the stage, the only people left in the audience will be the ones who are just there to drink.