Official Off Topic Thread

I can't really sing. I have an alright voice, but I am in massive need of training. Though I can play clarinet, and guitar (electric/acoustic/bass). Singing is my favorite instrument to play, I enjoy it the most. Its more of an escape that something i'm great at. I've been told i'm good, i've been told i'm bad. Depends on what I try to sing, and when. I'm capable of doing some great things with my voice, I just lack the control. So sometimes great quickly turns into horible. I'm sure you can do better than me.

The only advice I have, is practice. I'm looking to take professional lessons myself. Either or, just like anything in life. Never give up!

Unlike Halo:Reach, bloom and network difficulties does 'not' fuck your singing voice! Unless of course you spend the majority of your time bitching and yelling. Which is the case with my and Gentleman!

From Candlelight Records:

Swedish progressive rock band “Wolverine” is set to release a brand new studio album.

Communication Lost was recorded at various locations in Sweden between february and august 2010. It was mixed by Jacob Hansen at Hansen Studios (Denmark) in july/august 2010 and mastered by Eroc at Eroc’s Mastering Ranch (Germany) in December 2010/January 2011.

The album, which was produced by the band, features 11 tracks and runs approximately 70 minutes:

Downfall
Into the great nothing
Poison ivy
Your favourite war
Embrace
Pulse
What remains
In memory of me
In the quiet of dawn
Communication lost
A beginning

Lyrically the album deals with personal issues the band and the individual members experienced during the four years the band spent on composing the material. The result is a melodic and moody metal album which feels like a natural progression from Still which was released in 2006.

“Communication Lost” will be released on May 23 in Europe via Candlelight records.

Album artwork looks nice, too!
So excited! Still was a fantastic album!

Wow, I had never heard about Wolverine. Listened to Embrace, and I loved it. It's on repeat mode right now

wolverine wouldn't go down that way, besides they don't even sound remotely like Symphony X. The whole laid back, soft amazing feel that is Wolverine is what makes them special!

LOL, fail.

I was referring to the fact that SX took 5 years to release Paradise Lost, and it was a letdown for most people.
I was not comparing the two bands musically.

... I still love you, man.

^ Glad you like them, Jester. Their music is done with such class. One of my top faves.