Official Off Topic Thread

Well, I've done ok by foruming, using spotify and last.fm so far. I must have discovered about 20 (good) new artists already this year. Probably more than any previous year.

Symphony X has no good album covers either, for example.

Disagree. I love the artwork on V, beautiful art for a beautiful album. I also like the artwork on The Odyssey, Paradise Lost and Iconoclast. Their 90's releases aren't that good though; I've never been too fond of the artwork on Twilight for example.

As for Time 1, I think that artwork lacks depth. It just looks too 2D-ish.

V has terribly dated looking computer generated art.
But the concept is cool, and I agree that it could be a good cover if it was dand drawn or something.

Quit ragging on Travis Smith. He might be a one-trick pony but man, that trick is awesome.

Great song. What an amazing band. (btw for those who haven't, read the song description on youtube)

And cool album cover indeed.

Prefuckinordered.

this is the last place on earth I have an interest in discussing a dead hollywood actor with maybe one or two decent films under his belt.

more extraordinary people die. every day. every hour.

this person dying was just another news item. something you picked off from twitter trends or "entertainment news". and probably because it was a slow news day.

you want a series of "RIP BIG MAN", "rip luv u in tom hanks movie", etc? what is the god damn point. in 20 years we will have a hollywood actor die every day. there's facebook and shit for copy-pasta news and inane celebrity mourning rituals.

could we not keep this forum as a last bastion against social media retardness?

this is the last place on earth I have an interest in discussing a dead hollywood actor with maybe one or two decent films under his belt.

more extraordinary people die. every day. every hour.

this person dying was just another news item. something you picked off from twitter trends or "entertainment news". and probably because it was a slow news day.

you want a series of "RIP BIG MAN", "rip luv u in tom hanks movie", etc? what is the god damn point. in 20 years we will have a hollywood actor die every day. there's facebook and shit for copy-pasta news and inane celebrity mourning rituals.

could we not keep this forum as a last bastion against social media retardness?

i only posted this guy's death because my roommate freaked out so bad about it
he doesn't give a shit about Kristen Stewart or Nikki Minage or the Housewives woman that just gave birth
he considers Micheal Clarke Duncan's death as more important than any of the other "celebrity news" crap that's trending right now on Twitter/Facebook/Yahoo etc etc etc
because MCD was actually an actor as opposed to being just merely a "reality tv star"
and a good actor at that, have you actually seen Michael Clarke Duncan's movies???
he earned a freaking Oscar nomination for playing John Coffey for crying outloud

I am actually sad about the his death. I occasionally watch the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on youtube and he was a regular and always very nice on that show. A good actor too. Shame.

I don't know who any of those people are except Duncan. But you know what, RIP threads are scraping the bottom of the fucking internet. I've said my peace before and I'll say it again:

No one cares. The dead don't care. They're dead. They can't hear your wishes. The living don't give a flying hamster fucking a unicorn on a skateboard. The only people who care about RIP threads are the thread starters. So DON'T START.

I don't know who any of those people are except Duncan. But you know what, RIP threads are scraping the bottom of the fucking internet. I've said my peace before and I'll say it again:
No one cares. The dead don't care. They're dead. They can't hear your wishes. The living don't give a flying hamster fucking a unicorn on a skateboard. The only people who care about RIP threads are the thread starters. So DON'T START.

Stupid comment! RIP!

Agreed.