Official Off Topic Thread

we have a category 4 - building to a 5 - cyclone (/hurricane/typhoon depending on where in the world you live) hitting first thing in the morning apparently.. its weird coz this area hasnt had anything major like that for a LONG time and the emergency people are having a bit of a freak out evacuating people; I'm just curious to see how alot of the buildings are going to hold up. So yeah, I wont be around tomorrow to bug anyone thats why I'm doing it now :p

SilentRealm said:
we have a category 4 - building to a 5 - cyclone (/hurricane/typhoon depending on where in the world you live) hitting first thing in the morning apparently.. its weird coz this area hasnt had anything major like that for a LONG time and the emergency people are having a bit of a freak out evacuating people; I'm just curious to see how alot of the buildings are going to hold up. So yeah, I wont be around tomorrow to bug anyone thats why I'm doing it now :p

Wow...be careful!!! I hope you have somewhere to go!

In NY theres just a mixture of all that shit...I can only recall 1 day where there was tornados but we've gotten em...and i've never seen an earthquake...I dont believe i live anywhere near a fault line

Beelzebub said:
No, dude! I absolutely love mocking people with neurological disorders that are outside their control, it never gets old!
"This site contains videos of a guy we call the "Tourettes Guy". Although he has been diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome, his actions are exaggerated by other problems (including alcohol) and are not consistent with most Tourette Syndrome sufferers. In exchange for a little entertainment, please educate yourself about the reality of Tourettes and "corprolalia" by visiting our Tourettes Syndrome links. A few of Danny's fans actually have TS, and would love to answer your questions in the forums."

Taken from the home page of that site.

Jax said:
Yikes Charis..be safe & good luck!

Rose Immortal said:
Wow...be careful!!! I hope you have somewhere to go!

Thanks guys! As you can see, I'm here so our town got through ok. It upgraded to a category 5 overnight but hit a smaller town just to the north and absolutely decimated it (literally half the town was flattened), so poor them.

Montu Sekhmet said:
tornados are worse. we've had like five in the past week here in illinois.

yeah see cyclones I can handle, never been in an earthquake (been in a pretty intense tremor but I dont think that would count, I thought it was cool) but unless the ground opens up and eats me I think I can handle that, but tornadoes I'm terrified of! Are they as scary as you'd think?

SilentRealm said:
Thanks guys! As you can see, I'm here so our town got through ok. It upgraded to a category 5 overnight but hit a smaller town just to the north and absolutely decimated it (literally half the town was flattened), so poor them.

yeah see cyclones I can handle, never been in an earthquake (been in a pretty intense tremor but I dont think that would count, I thought it was cool) but unless the ground opens up and eats me I think I can handle that, but tornadoes I'm terrified of! Are they as scary as you'd think?

A friend of a friend of mine had his house hit by a 6m wave :eek:. So yeh pretty shocking stuff. What sorta damage did u get??