Official Off Topic Thread

Beelzebub said:
No, we're talking about James Blunt, and if you do decide to listen to whatever it is he makes, don't say I didn't warn you.

:rolleyes:

I'll take your word for it...I just wondered, since we had DT discussion in one thread and a lot of people have similar complaints about LaBrie... ;)

Yeah I kind of figured there would be some confusion but this was created for off-topic posts and seeing as my name isn't jojo I wasn't going to make a new thread about it ;)

Beelzebub said:
:lol: While I do agree with you, I didn't know if someone else here didn't so I wanted to try and be as nice about it as I could. I seriously thought James Blunt was a woman when I first heard him.
I thought it was a woman too :lol: But yes, I find him really annoying

Beelzebub said:
Alright, I don't want to start a flame war or anything, and I know we ought to give valid reasoning behind disliking some sort of artist, but just out of curiosity: does anyone else besides me find James Blunt to be really, REALLY annoying? I seriously hate the guy. </rant>
+1

And I've fortunately haven't heard the entire damn song. Whenever I hear the phrase "You're beautiful", for the 128th time, I just flip out and smash my head on the walls.

Beelzebub said:
No, we're talking about James Blunt, and if you do decide to listen to whatever it is he makes, don't say I didn't warn you.

:rolleyes:
I would like to apologise for the sorry excuse for a musician that is James Blunt on behalf of the entirety of the United Kingdom. Forgive them; the lesser mortals of my nation know not what they do.

Beelzebub said:
Yeah I kind of figured there would be some confusion but this was created for off-topic posts and seeing as my name isn't jojo I wasn't going to make a new thread about it ;)

How long ago was that at this point?

And... I never heard James Blunt, and at this point, I think we're past Dream Theater discussion time. But I'll take your advice from earlier, and not listen to him.... especially with a name like that.

kazahana said:
I would like to apologise for the sorry excuse for a musician that is James Blunt on behalf of the entirety of the United Kingdom. Forgive them; the lesser mortals of my nation know not what they do.
:lol:
What's even worse is that they have been playing his stupid CD at the bookstore I work at for the last five months (fortunately there was a break during the Christmas season) incessantly. On the bright side listening to his stuff has given my coworkers and me the opportunity to come up with some catchy parodies of his stuff that are worth putting money into the cursing jar for.

To the tune of "You're Beautiful":
I hate James Blunt!
That fucking cunt!
I hate James Blunt, it's true
His ugly face
With his crooked nose
I don't know what to do
I hope his career's soon through

Ugh, James Blunt :yuk:

Kenneth R. said:
I'd say:

1. Scenes From A Memory
2. Images & Words
3. Awake
4. A Change Of Seasons
5. 6 Degrees of Inner Turbulence
6. Octavarium
7. Falling Into Infinity
8. Train Of Thought
9. When Dream and Day Unite

Yup, thats my list. Seeing Home live was my first real memorable concert moment.

@Rose. I wasn't being serious of course :loco: :p

Current Songs That soundgarden HATES!
1) Tired of Love Songs (forgot name of the guy)
2) The techno rendition of Journey's Faithfully. Good way to butcher a classic a-holes!
3) You're Beautiful - James Blunt. I hated him more after I saw him on Oprah. Why am I watching Oprah you ask? NOT RELEVANT!

Beelzebub said:
Alright, I don't want to start a flame war or anything, and I know we ought to give valid reasoning behind disliking some sort of artist, but just out of curiosity: does anyone else besides me find James Blunt to be really, REALLY annoying? I seriously hate the guy. </rant>

OH...MY...GOD!!!! I HATE JAMES BLUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a saying for this Aussie *singer* (if you could call it that) named Kasey Chambers - I wonder who she had to blow to get a record deal.. well my sentiment is the exact same for James Blunt.. who the HELL did he blow to get a record deal? :puke: :puke: :puke: