Official Off Topic Thread

soundgarden said:
Good!

SFAM > Everything

No, sorry. ;)

I've now heard DT's entire studio catalogue, and that still retains its position as my least favorite DT album. I'm not a DT-hater, either...I've been pleased with everything else--except that one.

Seems weird. Octavarium is the least best one to me. Followed by WDADU, and then Falling Into Infinity.

Here's what I think:

1. Awake
2. Scenes From A Memory
3. Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence
4. Images & Words
5. Train Of Thought
6. A Change Of Seasons
7. Falling Into Infinity
8. When Dream and Day Unite
9. Octavarium

I'd say:

1. Scenes From A Memory
2. Images & Words (nearly tied 1st)
3. Awake (nearly tied 1st)
4. A Change Of Seasons (2nd)
5. 6 Degrees of Inner Turbulence (3rd)
6. Octavarium (4th)
7. Falling Into Infinity (5th)
8. Train Of Thought (6th)
9. When Dream and Day Unite (7th)

Home is on SFAM.

Here's mine. But I never heard FII or Dream and Day, so I'll leave those out.

1. Images n' Words (It's still the benchmark for the ultimate prog album ever!)
2. Six Degrees
3. Octavarium
4. Train of Thought
5. Awake
6. Master of Puppets. Yes, they covered the entire album at a show and put it on a cd.:worship:
7. A Change of Seasons. I don't know why. It's a great album, but it's just missing something.

1. train of thought
2. awake
3. degrees
4. octavarium
5. that other one
6. that other other one
7. that other other other one

Alright, I don't want to start a flame war or anything, and I know we ought to give valid reasoning behind disliking some sort of artist, but just out of curiosity: does anyone else besides me find James Blunt to be really, REALLY annoying? I seriously hate the guy. </rant>

Here's my ranking for DT:

1) Awake
2) Octavarium
Tied--3) ToT, FII
5) 6DoIT
Tied--6) I & W, ACoS
7) SFAM

All the stuff from 1-6, I like. 7 I sold. ;)

I didn't include When Dream and Day Unite because I've only listened to it once so far.

Beelzebub said:
Alright, I don't want to start a flame war or anything, and I know we ought to give valid reasoning behind disliking some sort of artist, but just out of curiosity: does anyone else besides me find James Blunt to be really, REALLY annoying? I seriously hate the guy. </rant>

lol, flame war. haha. That would imply that there is a side to fight the war against. Everyone here should agree with you. James Blunt CANNOT sing, no matter what anyone says.

Eternal Dragon said:
lol, flame war. haha. That would imply that there is a side to fight the war against. Everyone here should agree with you. James Blunt CANNOT sing, no matter what anyone says.
:lol: While I do agree with you, I didn't know if someone else here didn't so I wanted to try and be as nice about it as I could. I seriously thought James Blunt was a woman when I first heard him.

Beelzebub said:
:lol: While I do agree with you, I didn't know if someone else here didn't so I wanted to try and be as nice about it as I could. I seriously thought James Blunt was a woman when I first heard him.

lol. I seriously thought he was in pain :lol:

I would say his voice kinda resembles very old guitar strings. It oscillates so much you can't even define any notes :p.

Beelzebub said:

Um...you guys aren't talking about James LaBrie, are you?? :rolleyes: