Official Off Topic Thread

soooo... new kamelot... changed vocalists, sounds exactly the same and still plays the same boring tripe ._.
instead of thinking like "we need a heavy song" they should be thinking "we need a fast song", and instead of "we need a calm song" they should be thinking "we need an emotional song". because it sounds like they're just following some sort of formula.

Hey folks, been a while, only got one more assignment for the year and then I'm done, hence why I'm back on the forum procrastinating a bit! :cool:

Also, shameless irrelevant plug here, very off-topic, but hey this is the off-topic thread...

My little bro has found himself as a finalist in the Pringles flavour fusion comp, so he's in with a chance to win $10,000 and free Pringles for a year! Needless to say there's incentive for me to help him spread the word...

If you can be bothered, you could follow this link: http://www.flavourfusion.com.au/theitalianbomb and vote for his flavour, and if you want to laugh at a really bad Italian accent which occasionally lapses towards the Russian mafia, you could watch the video that he made to go with it:

Make sure you follow the actual link to vote. Thanks heaps! :headbang:

P.S. Apparently it doesn't work from mobiles, so if you are going to vote it needs to be done from a computer. :err:

Last edited by a moderator:
soooo... new kamelot... changed vocalists, sounds exactly the same and still plays the same boring tripe ._.
instead of thinking like "we need a heavy song" they should be thinking "we need a fast song", and instead of "we need a calm song" they should be thinking "we need an emotional song". because it sounds like they're just following some sort of formula.

I kind of agree. I love Tommy's voice, but it sounds like he's just trying to copy Khan most of the time. I'm sure it's not his fault, but the album doesn't click all that much with me. I also agree about the formula thing; every song is around the same length, structure, etc.

I'd rather hear more Seventh Wonder than this so-so Kamelot...

I see Ken and Dan are still around(ish). Anyone else from back the day still lingering? I probably check this place every few months or so but I haven't posted in, well...a really long time. How are folks?

Is anyone going to get a Wii U?

It's not something I'll rush out to get, but perhaps in the future. It depends on the game selection; anything Metroid or Resident Evil may convince me to get one. Not a fan of the huge gimmicky controller, but at least there's an option for a regular controller. Hopefully all games will be able to utilize it.

The console doesn't seem very next-gen, and I feel it'll be just shoved aside when newer Microsoft or Sony consoles come out, but that's just my opinion.

I see Ken and Dan are still around(ish). Anyone else from back the day still lingering? I probably check this place every few months or so but I haven't posted in, well...a really long time. How are folks?

I just check in occasionally in the hope that there's some news of an upcoming Australian tour that has somehow slipped under my radar. Still no luck as yet though.

The console doesn't seem very next-gen, and I feel it'll be just shoved aside when newer Microsoft or Sony consoles come out, but that's just my opinion.

That's a distinct possibility, but then again you never know how these things turn out. If you look at the current generation, they've sold about 30 million more Wiis than PS3s or X360s and that system's hardware is totally inferior to the other two.

I don't think it's going to work out that well for Nintendo this time. I feel like the Wii thing was a passing craze like the guitar hero games. Wii is actually currently selling a lot slower than Xbox or Ps3. Vgchartz gives the following yearly figures:

YTD1-7.png

Trend isn't good for Nintendo, and I just can't see U doing the same thing Wii did again. No way. Sony has actually recovered really well in the long run, they'll probably catch Microsoft in the total sales next year as they are less than a couple of million apart overall now.

In any case, I guess they can't let U be the only new home concole around for too long, it'll be interesting to see how much further they can take the specs, but it'll probably be a couple more years still.

Trend isn't good for Nintendo, and I just can't see U doing the same thing Wii did again.

I agree. I feel that in order for Nintendo to compete, they're going to either have to match (or come close to) the technical specs of the next Sony and Microsoft generation consoles, or have a lot of exclusive games that attract hardcore as well as casual gamers. The Wii succeeded despite this, but as you said, it's losing steam.