Official Off Topic Thread

J-Dub should at least have the decency in letting it die with style.

threadclosed.gif

Use this next time, just for kicks :D

Finally. :D

Yesterday we had a christmas party in our school. My class performed a funny show called "Christmas Tree" where each of the competiting groups had to decorate one among them. The winner was decided by yelling contest and awarded with a crown and a sceptre given by "Christmas Tree 2005." My job was to manage the musical side and I recorded my short version of the tune played in at least Miss Finland contests. Here it is: http://personal.inet.fi/koti/ibyabyg/missi.mp3

That tune played when "CT 2006" was awarded.

Wow...

On a brighter note, I got to fight alongside giant mutant space alien monster warriors last night. We killed Osama, George Bush, the Pope, Hitler, and the devil, and I bathed in their bodily fluids. It was most brutal.

In other words, I saw GWAR last night.

hey guys I have made videos that are potentially awesome.. but i need to spread the word and I need your help

The first is a EXTREME Scooter commercial

YouTube - Extreme Scooter

The second is a Cross between a Comedy and a horror movie...
I only have the first part done but its a nice start!

YouTube - Haunted House Party Part 1

Please tell me what you think....

Im not sure if Im allowed to put this sort of topic on the forum.... but I wanted to get some nice feedback from you guys and wanted to lighten the entertainment level a little bit... thanks! And if you do get to watch these try and post some comments on youtube for me please it will help out alot ...

SPREAD THE WORD!!!

My band just got cheated out of winning battle of the bands... the winning band was a cover band ffs... I think I'm going to go string up now. :(

It just goes to show how incredibly biased some people can be just because one type of music is more "popular" than another. Even though I'm pissed about it, there were tons of people coming up to me in the halls after my performance telling me how talented I was... I guess that made me feel a bit better. Especially this one guy in particular who has been playing guitar for over a decade and he is incredibly interested in what I was playing... I thought that was a sign that I must be pretty good. I dunno. I still feel incredibly cheated out of the studio time... I mean, a band that focuses much more on musicianship than sounding "popular" and also has never done a song that is based on another or a cover of some sort... one that got the highest originality score out of all of the other bands... I'd say that's good criteria to get the chance for 2 hours in a studio, or am I wrong? I feel disgusted, cheated, rotten, etc.

Also, expect a video of our performance to come soon. We're making a bunch of dvd's and crap to show that we deserved it... seriously.

Rant over.

My band just got cheated out of winning battle of the bands... the winning band was a cover band ffs... I think I'm going to go string up now. :(

It just goes to show how incredibly biased some people can be just because one type of music is more "popular" than another. Even though I'm pissed about it, there were tons of people coming up to me in the halls after my performance telling me how talented I was... I guess that made me feel a bit better. Especially this one guy in particular who has been playing guitar for over a decade and he is incredibly interested in what I was playing... I thought that was a sign that I must be pretty good. I dunno. I still feel incredibly cheated out of the studio time... I mean, a band that focuses much more on musicianship than sounding "popular" and also has never done a song that is based on another or a cover of some sort... one that got the highest originality score out of all of the other bands... I'd say that's good criteria to get the chance for 2 hours in a studio, or am I wrong? I feel disgusted, cheated, rotten, etc.

Also, expect a video of our performance to come soon. We're making a bunch of dvd's and crap to show that we deserved it... seriously.

Rant over.

Sorry man, but there is no cause for sadness. You played well and did teh best you could, so that's all there is. I'm sure it was gr1m and kvlt or something.

Tubbs, welcome to the world of metal. Not to sound overly harsh or cliche, but if you're doing this band for recognition, winning contests, etc, you're doing the wrong fuckin' thing with your life.

Again, terribly cliche, but you gotta do this because you love it and don't get discouraged when some trendy asswipes win over you. Don't get frustrated, don't get upset, i know it sucks but fuckin' use that to fuel the fire. That's what metal is about. It's about showing people who doubt you that they can't make you quit. They may never like your stuff, but as long as you are around making some fuckin' noise, you win brother.

Sorry to hear about it, but i can promise this is the first of many "losses" so to speak that stem from the fact that you are in love with metal. Better get used to it.

Reactions: Tubbs
Tubbs, welcome to the world of metal. Not to sound overly harsh or cliche, but if you're doing this band for recognition, winning contests, etc, you're doing the wrong fuckin' thing with your life.

Again, terribly cliche, but you gotta do this because you love it and don't get discouraged when some trendy asswipes win over you. Don't get frustrated, don't get upset, i know it sucks but fuckin' use that to fuel the fire. That's what metal is about. It's about showing people who doubt you that they can't make you quit. They may never like your stuff, but as long as you are around making some fuckin' noise, you win brother.

Sorry to hear about it, but i can promise this is the first of many "losses" so to speak that stem from the fact that you are in love with metal. Better get used to it.
I believe you may have a misconception with my band too. We don't play just metal, our band goes across a wide varieties of genres including electronic, prog rock, neo-folk, ambient, experimental, and probably a few others that I'm not aware of. I have this band to make people get their heads out of their asses and realize that popular music is (for the most part) the same crap being created over and over again, and they should learn to expand their minds. I believe my band has already influenced one other band from our schools, and now they went from generic punk screamo music to a somewhat different style of metal. That's my goal, is to be unique. But how am I going to be unique if nobody is going to listen to our stuff?

I'm sure our first album is going to be mostly metal, so you're mostly right in this case. :erk: