Official Statement Released

Gibba

Jun 28, 2004
House of Gibba
ANTHRAX Splits With Singer DAN NELSON; JOHN BUSH To Fill In For U.K.'s SONISPHERE - July 21, 2009
ANTHRAX's manager, Izvor Zivkovic of Split Media, has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"As announced last week, thrash legends ANTHRAX regretfully cancelled the first three dates on the second leg of their European tour due to new vocalist Dan Nelson's unexpected illness. An additional seven European dates are also cancelled, those scheduled from July 22 to July 30.

"ANTHRAX is thrilled to announce that they will play the August 1 Sonisphere festival in Knebworth, England, with their good friend John Bush joining them for a very special one-off performance.

"The members of ANTHRAX have confirmed the departure of vocalist Dan Nelson. In light of this development, ANTHRAX's slot on the U.S. SLIPKNOT dates set for August and September, has also been cancelled. ANTHRAX is already actively considering lead singer candidates, and looks forward to hitting the road before the end of the year."

ANTHRAX's new album, "Worship Music", will be released in Europe on October 23 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD, which was mixed at a New Orleans studio by Dave Fortman (a former member of UGLY KID JOE who has also worked with artists such as MUDVAYNE, EVANESCENCE), is the band's first studio effort in six years.

So there you have it!

Well, that's it for me. I've been a fan since 1986 (when I was old enough to start saving up for tapes). I've purchased all their albums, go out looking for rarities, have purchased T-shits. Now, we have this fantastic new singer fired and an album that's been teased useless. Thanks, guys! Who's going to buy that album with a singer that hardly anyone (compared to your other vocalists) has heard not even in your band anymore? NOT ME! I may very well just hock all my 'thrax CDs. The dream is dead, guys. Thanks for ruining your band.

Here's praying for a permanent John Bush reunion!

Damn - I was looking forward to the Slipknot tour. :(

Dear G-d! I will die of a simultaneous heart attack/aneurysm if John Bush comes back, in a good way! I really hope those candidates don't include Whitfield Crane or John Corabi, though.

I kinda guess it kinda might not come out with Dan on vocals - but if it did I'd be well up for picking up a copy to hear it, good things were being written about him :) Shame that we won't get to see the Dan version of thrax on the Sonisphere UK show - but John Bush was awesome so I'm glad thrax are still on the bill!

I wish I could afford a trip across the pond. This band just cant catch a break. No matter what they try to do it all seems to turn to shit and at the same time they still consistently make great fucking music that never gets the attention it deserves. Cheesus Crust man.

They should have stay with John Bush in the first place, they reunited with Joey just to make a buck, and mistreated both John and Joey. I'm glad John refused to go back when Joey ask for more money. Now I think Scott had to beg John to make that show, and I think they are gonna be sued for canceling those show with Dan sudden "illness". In the end Scott thinks the band revolves around him when he is only the guitar player. By the way I saw Joey's band couple of months ago and they rocked.

They should have stay with John Bush in the first place, they reunited with Joey just to make a buck, and mistreated both John and Joey. I'm glad John refused to go back when Joey ask for more money. Now I think Scott had to beg John to make that show, and I think they are gonna be sued for canceling those show with Dan sudden "illness". In the end Scott thinks the band revolves around him when he is only the guitar player. By the way I saw Joey's band couple of months ago and they rocked.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. How do you know who refused what and who's getting sued?

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. How do you know who refused what and who's getting sued?

I'm reading between the lines dude, Scott clearly has his energy set on his wife and poker tournaments. When you don't give 100% in the band things like this happen. When you don't keep a steady lineup, fans lose interest and can't relate to the band.

It seems you are piss because all the disappointments that the band keeps making to the real fans who buys their records and I don't blame you for feeling that way.

I want Bush back full-time (but Anthrax doesn't deserve it - it's their fault for doing that shitty idea of a reunion anyway). The fans do deserve John's return, though.

If Bush isn't willing to rejoin permanently after this one-off show, then they should just call it a farewell show, pay Bush to re-track all of the vocals on Worship Music (so we get a true followup to WCFYA), and release it as a farewell album, and be done with Anthrax. It's John Bush or bust at this point.

I'm reading between the lines dude, Scott clearly has his energy set on his wife and poker tournaments. When you don't give 100% in the band things like this happen. When you don't keep a steady lineup, fans lose interest and can't relate to the band.

It seems you are piss because all the disappointments that the band keeps making to the real fans who buys their records and I don't blame you for feeling that way.

Reading between the lines isn't exactly dealing with the facts though, is it?

How would you know where anyones energy is focused? How would you know what percentage of that energy goes where?

You just can't make claims like this with nothing to back them up.

Scott's not married.

Reading between the lines isn't exactly dealing with the facts though, is it?

How would you know where anyones energy is focused? How would you know what percentage of that energy goes where?

You just can't make claims like this with nothing to back them up.

Scott's not married.

I know you are very disappointed and betrayed, we all are but this is not new in Anthrax camp. You are avoiding the fact that if they get another singer, the fifth one I may add, they are screwing with the fans.

I'm just expressing my humble opinion. Everybody has the right to speculate until they get the "official" statement.

I haven't been on this forum in years due to burnout from this band - but this is some fucked up shit. I was actually looking forward to the record. This band is screwed.

Shit people... anyone thought the honest truth is that Dan is seriously ill?

I will leave conspiracy theories to later but for now, get better soon Dan regardless of what your affliction is.