Official Statement Released

I know you are very disappointed and betrayed, we all are but this is not new in Anthrax camp. You are avoiding the fact that if they get another singer, the fifth one I may add, they are screwing with the fans.

I'm just expressing my humble opinion. Everybody has the right to speculate until they get the "official" statement.

How have I or you, or anyone for that matter been betrayed? That's just a laughable notion.

A band makes some records. You like them or not. You go see them play. You may enjoy it, you may not.

If a band, any band made fifty records with fifty different singers and you liked them, what fucking difference would it make?

How are they screwing with the fans? No band owes any of it's fans anything. It's such a beautiful romantic notion that the music business is all about the kids, but come on. Put your feelings of dissapointment and betrayal aside for a minute, take a breath and realise that you don't owe a band anything, and they don't owe you anything.

There has been an 'official' statement. Not sure of your use of quotation marks though.

I haven't been on this forum in years due to burnout from this band - but this is some fucked up shit. I was actually looking forward to the record. This band is screwed.

I feel you man, Scott should make another band and leave the Anthrax legacy as it is or it will end up like an L.A. Guns lookalike that changes singers and band mates every other day of the week and have two bands that tour with the same name.

ANTHRAX Splits With Singer DAN NELSON...
...So there you have it!
:lol:hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:lol:

:cry:
Sob......

How have I or you, or anyone for that matter been betrayed? That's just a laughable notion.

A band makes some records. You like them or not. You go see them play. You may enjoy it, you may not.

If a band, any band made fifty records with fifty different singers and you liked them, what fucking difference would it make?

How are they screwing with the fans? No band owes any of it's fans anything. It's such a beautiful romantic notion that the music business is all about the kids, but come on. Put your feelings of dissapointment and betrayal aside for a minute, take a breath and realise that you don't owe a band anything, and they don't owe you anything.

There has been an 'official' statement. Not sure of your use of quotation marks though.

You really can use a hug or I can send you some handkerchiefs with the Anthrax logo. But it's good that get all your hate and disappointment out of your system. I think they will be very happy selling a hundred copies of their next album an playing for 10 fans in a local strip club, come on wake up!!

And by the way disappointment not dissapointment and realize not realise.:loco:

What goes around always comes around!!!

This truly does suck.

It has to be the freakin name. No other band is jinxed in this way.

It would almost be better, for no other reason than for karma, to release the new cd with whom ever sings on it as the first cd under a new band name.:ill:o_O

You really can use a hug or I can send you some handkerchiefs with the Anthrax logo. But it's good that get all your hate and disappointment out of your system. I think they will be very happy selling a hundred copies of their next album an playing for 10 fans in a local strip club, come on wake up!!

And by the way disappointment not dissapointment and realize not realise.:loco:

What goes around always comes around!!!

No hug needed thanks very much. No hate or disappointment to purge either.

Any more pearls of wisdom before I call it a night?

I want Bush back full-time (but Anthrax doesn't deserve it - it's their fault for doing that shitty idea of a reunion anyway). The fans do deserve John's return, though.

If Bush isn't willing to rejoin permanently after this one-off show, then they should just call it a farewell show, pay Bush to re-track all of the vocals on Worship Music (so we get a true followup to WCFYA), and release it as a farewell album, and be done with Anthrax. It's John Bush or bust at this point.

I agree with every word you said!
Please get Bush back, whatever it takes, and re-record the vocals on the new CD.
To me, this is good news in the sense that there's a slight chance that John will be back in the band.

Well, that's it for me. I've been a fan since 1986 (when I was old enough to start saving up for tapes). I've purchased all their albums, go out looking for rarities, have purchased T-shits. Now, we have this fantastic new singer fired and an album that's been teased useless. Thanks, guys! Who's going to buy that album with a singer that hardly anyone (compared to your other vocalists) has heard not even in your band anymore? NOT ME! I may very well just hock all my 'thrax CDs. The dream is dead, guys. Thanks for ruining your band.

Okay, I was going to keep my mouth shut and hold my piece, but I have to say something. First off, eatmeahx8... I'm not bagging on you or trying to flame anyone, I'm just using your post as a reply to illustrate a point. I was going to type this before dinner, but I figured I'd eat gather my thoughts and get back to it. Gibba touched on several in the meantime.

At the end of the day, Anthrax is a band... for OUR entertainment/enjoyment and for THEIR means of making a living. The fan/band relationship with any band is to put out the best possible record and put on the best possible show... that is what the band owes fans for their dollars. If they decided next week that they wanted to put "Worship Music" out with no vocals and a karaoke track, it's THEIR choice, as it is ours whether or not we buy it.

Let's use extreme exceptions to prove the rule... MJ was a freak/kiddie toucher, but it doesn't change the fact that people hold his music dear. KISS has wrung their legacy through the grinder with all they've done in the past 10yrs, but it doesn't change the undeniable fact of their influence on legions of fans and other bands and their mystique for people that grew up in the '70s. I didn't buy KISS Alive IV because it wasn't the original 4 members, and I haven't gone to see them in 9yrs since the 2000 Farewell Tour. They've slipped from the perch of how I used to get excited by ALL things KISS as a kid. But that doesn't mean I sold my humungous collection of toys, CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, shirts, and various bootlegs. I still wear my Ace Frehley slippers!

So that brings us to Anthrax. I was very bummed when John didn't come back after the 2005 reunion, but understood. At the end of the day, it's a BAND. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and the way they feel about everything, and not to lessen my or anyone else's relationships with the band members, but at the end of the day, does any of this affect us in life-altering ways? Yes, it's my favorite band, and I was deflated when John didn't come back, but I still got out of bed in the morning, went to work and went about my life. The sky did not fall. Am I bummed to see the guys hit a temporary roadblock? Yeah, but things happen for a reason. I'm even more stoked that John is doing a one-off show and I'm still holding on to a glimmer of hope in the back of my head that he comes back and finds a way to balance Anthrax/Saint/family life. But again, if that doesn't happen, I won't go catatonic and be unable to change my kid's diapers or interact with humanity at large.

eatmeaxh8 (and anyone else that feels this way)... are the current band events that bad that you would want to sell your collection? I saw on your avatar that this was your first post to the board. Welcome, but I would hope you wouldn't finally sign up after all these years just to say you're done with the band. Why let the DanThrax dilemma spoil years of satisfaction of being a fan? Does it nullify yours or anyone else's warm and fuzzy feelings growing up with the band? Who says that "Worship Music" has been rendered useless? It's going to come out, just not in October. Hell, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that are more likely to pick up the album if Bush or someone else is overdubbed on it.

So... it gets back to the point... enjoy music and bands for what they are. We own their albums, t-shirts, DVDS, memorabilia, but we do not own them as people. They owe us nothing beyond the album/video cost and concert ticket price. If we like what we hear/see, we come back for more.

And for anyone that takes issue that the new guy is already out, do you really think that Anthrax planned for/wanted this? It had to be for a good reason. Put yourself in their shoes. You own a company and hire a new sales guy that's going to be the face of your firm to the customers and then all of a sudden XYZ happens (notice I'm not conjecturing as to what it was or whose fault it was). You're left with two choices... keep your new employee that you've already introduced to your client base, or part ways before things get worse.

We don't know the story yet, so this would be a fitting time to say "Walk a mile in my shoes, see things the way I do..."

Well said JohnnyAce.

Man so many people just jumping the gun and calling world war 3 before we even know the full facts...

Either way I am just looking forward to hopefully the new album (eventually) coming out.

Once again I will state they have NEVER made a bad album in my books and I liked what I heard from the new album from those live videos on SmooTube.

Peace.

Well said Johnny and aliasp...so bummed to just now see this (it has ruined my already shitty day) but I hope good comes from this. Man if this makes John rejoin then it's all worth it, they're obviously on good terms or John wouldn't do the show. Like aliasp said every album this band has ever done has been incredible and I will not leave until THEY say they're done. I owe them that for all the happiness they've brought me since 1988.

kudos to Johnny Ace..... And as suffer said this has ruined an already shitty day... but tomorrow i will get up and read the John bush has agreed to reunite with Anthrax for the RE-Reunion Tour.... John now has two kids and the burger deal seem to run its course.... maybe its time!!!!!!

I want Bush back full-time (but Anthrax doesn't deserve it - it's their fault for doing that shitty idea of a reunion anyway). The fans do deserve John's return, though.

If Bush isn't willing to rejoin permanently after this one-off show, then they should just call it a farewell show, pay Bush to re-track all of the vocals on Worship Music (so we get a true followup to WCFYA), and release it as a farewell album, and be done with Anthrax. It's John Bush or bust at this point.

I agree.... although, I'm not sure why John Bush would want to join permanently.

I'll gladly sit on a Donkey in Tijuana with my brother or show off some bruises in Boston for another round of shows with John being
the "new" singer.

Heck of a time that was, a decade and a ½ ago.

I was sort of miffed I missed the show in Philly to see the Phillies, being they lost. I think I told you that though...