Official Toronto D2 Report Thread!

Azogue said:
That's it.......I'm smuggling weed next time I catch Opeth on tour. Fucking border patrol :yell:

Anyway, great reports by everyone...Pancakes had a different outlook on it (check out his thread in the chat/off topic area). Also, there's another thread were the author mentions the mystery cover song :)

Ha ha,yeah its a good idea.After the show in Portsmouth back in March,me and two friends were chatting with Lopez,and we invited him and the band back to my friends house to play on the XBOX and smoke alot of weed.And Lopez was like "cool,ill just go and ask martin".And we were like "Fuck yeah! opeth are gonna come and get stoned with us",and then Lopez comes back and goes "oh sorry guys,i forgot we gotta head to the next show straight away".But i still thought that was cool,he continued to talk to us for a further 15 minutes and hang out and shit,as did Mike,Peter and Mendez.They all signed my 7" vinyl,which looks so damn cool.You should see the texture of there sigs on the black and white photograph,its so fucking cool.Ive been thinking of framing it.

Opeth are without a doubt the most genuine down to earth,non egotistical band i have met.Ridiculousy cool guys.Ill never forget that night.

The show was awesome by both bands! Opeth pulled it off better than expected and the sound was great with the exception of the rattling snare that they didnt turn off when it was not in use so it created an annoying sound during Opeth on softer parts.

Other than that, I couldnt have asked for a better time!

I did meet an older guy before the show that I came up to to ask if this venue allows cameras, and before I ask him I notice he was wearing a killer Gentle Giant shirt! So we began talking a little bit about that band. He never heard Opeth before, but he seemed like a really cool guy and i'm sure he enjoyed them very much. I believe he was from the UK (?)

My girlfriend and I stayed around Toronto for the next day too, and enjoyed good food and shops around China town, etc :) Good times.... sucks to be back.

i sure hope i can get a copy of that dvd, considering i'm not old enough to drive myself anywere and the nearest show is 8 - 9 hours away

ps hi gian :þ

Shameless self-promotion...

If you missed it, there are now pics up at http://www.ontariometal.net of both Opeth and Porcupine Tree...

The buzzing snare - actually, I thought it added a neat dimension to the sound, but then, I was right above the sound board, where everything generally sounds best.