Oh Dear :-)

sean-intense

Voice of INTENSE
Sep 9, 2002
UK
www.intense-uk.com
US Bands such as Primal Fear, Children of Bodum and Old Skool legends Gamma Ray are gonna be there, we'll be flying the flag for the UK!!
This from Panic Cell, who have been added to the bill :p hmm ... they'll fit in ... :loco:

I know it's no politically corrent but Panic Cell issued a statement including the above about being added to the bill for Bloodstock, just thought some research may be needed :) :D by these guys...

I was under the impression that they were playing between Intense and Evergrey. There has been quite a healthy debate about this band on the BS Forum! It will be interesting to see how they go down with the crowd. Vince is very impressed by them live apparently! They are playing Hartlepool tonight...but I'm not going.....they are supporting a nu-metal band of some sorts. I have decided I am better staying in and nursing my cold! :)

Yeah, DM's got the billing right. If you're going to make a statement at least check who you're playing with and don't pretend to know who they are when you quite clearly don't :Smug: Plus last time i checked, :) we're also from the UK as are BOP so they're not the only ones :D

I've heard mixed opinions on Panic Cell but I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. They do (as Sean rightly stated) need to do a just a bit of research before sending out false information within their newsletters. Also all the darwin suite bands (except Cruachan) are UK British, as are Threshold, Illuminatus and Infobia from The Friday!

However if Vince rates them then they should be at least a decent live band, but obviously if they are Nu Metal then they will face a potentially hostile crowd at bloodstock. It will be interesting anyway.

sean-intense said:
Yeah, DM's got the billing right.

Ooops ! (sorry) that's still a wierd running order - Power Metal - Nu Metal - Power Metal. I talked to Vince yesterday, and I don't think that the running order is 100% finalised anyway, so things may change... fingers X'd.

Also, to publish a startement like that just undermines any credibility they may have...

Saying that, I haven't heard them, so I'll make a decision after I've seen them.

Anyway Sean, you'll be too busy selling CDs and T-shirts on the stall after your performance to worry about who's on the main stage dude !!

Yes Jon you have to watch those startements :tickled: ;), Yeah you've got a point Jon but one of the guys will have to take over when Sonata Arctica come on cause i'm not missing them. They were superb at Wacken and that was like 1.30am i think, it's a little hazy now but the chance to see 'em earlier would be great.:D

Interesting that the running order isn't finalised yet :cool:

Oh dear, such naivity! :D

I'm very surprised to hear that Panic Cell are playing Bloodstock. Their drummer used to play in a Thrash band called Warpspeed apparently so they got kudos from me just for that ;)

sean-intense said:
Interesting that the running order isn't finalised yet :cool:

Yep - I may be speaking out of turn (usually do) but I got the impression that the running order is partly to do with UK record sales - which seems emminently sensible.

I remember SA at Wacken. I also remember not knowing much about them and we spent the whole set wondering if the guitarist and drummer were women... I blame exhaustion, failing light and alcohol.

Bloody good band tho' can't wait for them. I think there'll be a closed sign on the stall...

Our Bass player got his arse kicked by the rest of the band for the recent mistakes to the Panic Cell newsletter. The truth is he was a bit excited about the fact we were on the Bloodstock bill (who wouldn't?) and everyone makes mistakes from time to time. The band apologies to all concerned, especially to Bob who is nursing a swollen arse as we speak :yell: (LOL!!).

In regards to the notion that Panic Cell are Nu-Metal I have to say that the influences of the band are ALL old skool and not Nu-skool. We do have a modern sound to our music but it's roots are still very much OLD!!!! Pigeon holeing is a decease of the music business and at the moment if you are into Nu-metal then you will see us as old-skool, if you are into old-skool then you will probably see us as nu-skool. How the fuck can you win?!?! All we ask is to give us a chance in the live arena where come across much heavier. One thing that seems to categories nu-metal is the use of rapping, samplers, keyboards, scratching etc. Try and find any of these in our music?