Oh My Fucking God

You can tell james hetfield has been into country music since around 96 or 97.

ender7227 said:
It's opne thing to be into country music, there's nothing wrong with that. But to be on a country music TV show? I think that's a little much.
I don't think so, James Hetfield is free to do what he wants.

He's into country music and a celebrity so him being on a CMT country music show is normal.

Did you find it odd when lars ulrich was on MTV when metallica sued napster ?. Most of the people using napster watched MTV.

Who is James Hetfield? Is that the guy that used to write good songs but hasn't for about 18 years? THAT guy? He was on a country music show? Who cares, he should disband Metallica and go do country anyway - Mama Said or whatever it was called was the only song worth listening to on the past few albums anyway.
Or was it Mama Kin? No that was Blodwyn Pig.

It's not unusual for people that listen to one style of music to be into another style of music you know. That's what I call a REAL music fan.

Everybody has different sides to their personality, and heavy metal doesn't always grab your attention. Personally I can have Thin Lizzy on my playlist, then instantly want to listen to Raunchy. OK, so the two styles are still rock music.

I can also stick on some Clannad (really soothing Irish/Gaelic stuff...think Enya), and then stick on Underworlds 'Second Toughest In the Infants'...or 'Arborescence' by Ozric Tentacles.

A few weeks back, while drinking on a Friday night, all you would've heard from my bedroom window had you passed my house was Freestyler by Bomfunk MCs.

You'll learn as you get older that heavy metal only serves a purpose for a small section of your brain and other styles will start drifting in...even though you'll be thinking "FUCK NO, I CAN'T LISTEN TO THAT...IT DOESN'T HAVE BLAST BEATS OR RIPPING SOLOS...IT'S TOO GAY OMFG!!!???"

Aonaran said:
It's not unusual for people that listen to one style of music to be into another style of music you know. That's what I call a REAL music fan.

What happened to listening to what you like regardless of genre, style, or affiliation? I guess that just doesn't cut it in your oh-so-superior way of reckoning these things.

Aonaran said:

Everybody has different sides to their personality, and heavy metal doesn't always grab your attention. Personally I can have Thin Lizzy on my playlist, then instantly want to listen to Raunchy. OK, so the two styles are still rock music.

I can also stick on some Clannad (really soothing Irish/Gaelic stuff...think Enya), and then stick on Underworlds 'Second Toughest In the Infants'...or 'Arborescence' by Ozric Tentacles.

A few weeks back, while drinking on a Friday night, all you would've heard from my bedroom window had you passed my house was Freestyler by Bomfunk MCs.

You'll learn as you get older that heavy metal only serves a purpose for a small section of your brain and other styles will start drifting in...even though you'll be thinking "FUCK NO, I CAN'T LISTEN TO THAT...IT DOESN'T HAVE BLAST BEATS OR RIPPING SOLOS...IT'S TOO GAY OMFG!!!???"

I agree with you, good post. Apart from the Clannad and Bomfunk MCs part, that was just fucking mad. :)

Aonaran said:

god i fucking hate people who post shit like "hey guys i have such varied taste in music arent i cool?!?! (i never did this other than to troll btw)

especially when its eclectic taste in shit

that said people who only listen to one genre are pretty gay too

nah what you do is listen to a wide variety of music but dont act like it makes you special