Oh my God I'm OOOOOLD!!!

If we're really getting old does that mean we need to knock the dust off of our Members Only jackets and wear them this winter?

But not until I eat a delicious bowl of Quisp cereal first!

Pellaz, the following is for you. Something tells me you just might recall this one from days of old!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know they still made Quisp after all this time!! I didn't realize it was still in demand. :lol: Maybe we should be on the look out for boxes of Freakies to appear on the store shelves soon!! :loco:

Here you go: http://quisp.elsstore.com/

Freakies? Man. I remember those. I still remember the damn song too.

The other day I was in Target and I saw Wackie Packages on the shelf.

Sweet Jesus -- I don't know how much I spent on those things as a kid! Next time I'm in Target I'll just have to see if I can find some of those. Of course no one ever bought them for the stickers -- only the gum! :lol:

Are you kidding? I loved the stickers, but only for trading. I'm going to have to look for those. I bet whatever is in the package isn't as cool as the old ones. Or it's probably something I won't understand anymore....

I wonder if there is a term for that point where you realize there really IS a generation gap, and you're on one side of it no matter how cool you think you are. I was with my family over the holidays, and spending time with my niece is an eye opening experience.

If we're really getting old does that mean we need to knock the dust off of our Members Only jackets and wear them this winter?

Yep, I remember getting my first Members Only jacket. I was on top of the world! Wonder where it went? Although I still have my (original) Battlestar Galactica Colonial Warrior's Battlejacket, I dunno where that sacred Members Only jacket went!

But not until I eat a delicious bowl of Quisp cereal first!

LOL at the ad. BTW, that guy toward the end who is, err, manfully trying to eat the Princess cereal while inexplicably spitting it up looked perilously close to what I looked like back then.

But then I got metal.

Pellaz, the following is for you. Something tells me you just might recall this one from days of old!!

Hmm, I don't think I ever saw that, but I remember Sid and Marty Krofft. Didn't they do H.R. Puf'n'Stuf as well? Now THERE was some quality entertainment! Ahem.

Yeah. Quisp and Quake. You know they still make Quisp. It's hard to find, but I've seen it fairly recently.
(....)
Here you go: http://quisp.elsstore.com/

Holy shit, I had no idea. I want.

The other day I was in Target and I saw Wackie Packages on the shelf.

Wow! Ahh, who could forget Exceedrin, Chef Girl-Ar-Dee and all the rest?

I knew they were making a bit of a comeback when I saw sheets of them advertised by mail-order around Xmas of last year (2006). I almost got some, too!

I wouldn't complain about gray hair. Hair loss is much more depressing. With gray hair you can look distinguished (or something) but when you're going bald you just look like you have the mange. I don't have that kind of hair loss, but at the age of 27 I have noticed my hairline receding, and it does make you feel old. The fucked up thing about your twenties is that when you go into them you're a teenager - practically a kid, you're young and they won't even let you buy beer - but when you're twenties are over, suddenly you're 30. That seems self-evident and all, but it has a screwed up way of hitting you.

speaking of retro commercial and Saturday morning cartoons... Did any of my fellow metro Atlanta residents ever make it to the OMNI back in the day for the Sid & Marty Krofft Super Show?

I vaguely remember visiting the OMNI as a kid (maybe 6 or 7 years old) and seeing the Krofft exhibits once. We lived about 75 miles west of Atlanta. And before all the interstate freeways and four-lane highways were built, we may have well lived a thousand miles away. If I recall correctly, the whole indoor Krofft theme park and related 'supershow' was a huge flop - even though it was largely tied to the Six Flags amusement park on the west perimeter of Atlanta.

Does anyone else remember this era?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we were in Atlanta yet by the time Sid and Marty Krofft's closed down. The atrium is still home to the hemisphere's (maybe the world's) longest escalator, now used for CNN tours. :headbang: