Oh...my...God...

Dismal

Inside the Fall
May 27, 2001
Visit site
In the town of Clemson, state of South Carolina, country of the United States of America, I have heard Opeth on the radio. FM 88.1.

First, I was browsing stations that I didn't know and I thought I heard Bleak. I almost stopped in the middle of the road (I was driving at the time) because I was so shocked. I moved it back to the station and indeed it was the full version of Bleak playing.

After the song went off, I was waiting on an explanation as to why some radio station in the middle of redneck South Carolina would be playing Opeth. But, instead of an explanation, I heard rain. Immediately I knew it was Prologue. I couldn't believe it. From Bleak to Prologue, and yes, of course, Karma came on next. I had to turn the car off at this point but I am still in shock.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

theres a college station here that has a metal show 2 hours a day. I've never heard opeth on it, but almost..everything else. probably when deliverance comes out theyll play a song from it. Funny thing is, the station is 88.1 also. :eek:

Wow, I am not too far away from you and have never heard anything remotely close to that on radio. I have yet to check out the college radios stations here at App. Then again, I never listen to the radio anyway. :)

That's really cool, though.

Yeah, I just did a search and found out that it is indeed a college station and that particular section I heard was the Progressive Metal hour. ;)

Originally posted by Dismal
In the town of Clemson, state of South Carolina, country of the United States of America, I have heard Opeth on the radio. FM 88.1.

First, I was browsing stations that I didn't know and I thought I heard Bleak. I almost stopped in the middle of the road (I was driving at the time) because I was so shocked. I moved it back to the station and indeed it was the full version of Bleak playing.

After the song went off, I was waiting on an explanation as to why some radio station in the middle of redneck South Carolina would be playing Opeth. But, instead of an explanation, I heard rain. Immediately I knew it was Prologue. I couldn't believe it. From Bleak to Prologue, and yes, of course, Karma came on next. I had to turn the car off at this point but I am still in shock.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Shouldn't it have been Prologue, then April Ethereal?

Our college station is 88.3, they play metal Saturday nights. Late evening, they usually play power metal, and after that, Death/Grindcore type stuff. Not really my favorite, but much better than everything else on the radio.

Thats awesome. Even the radio station here called 'The Rock', thats supposed to play metal plays fucking alternative gay ska crap. Your lucky, thats never gonna happen here.

we have '3 hours of power' on TripleJ (99.3 FM) here in australia. It's on Tuesday nights from 10pm - 1am. the guy who runs it (andrew haug) usually plays a lot of really bad power metal, but sometimes theres some interesting stuff. Lately he's been playing crap (emphasis on the 'crap' part) off Meshuggah's new album and Reroute to Remain, and some cooler stuff off Damage Done. He's played Opeth a lot before, at least 4 times closed the show with tracks like The Drapey Falls, Face of Melinda, Godhead's Lament, and i've heard Advent played before. perhaps the length of the songs is a consideration in playing them at the end of his show... although ive heard some poor ass dream theater songs over 12 mins played during the middle. but they just rock don't they.

At the station at my college back in the States there was a segment that ran late-night and they would play songs ripped from the ROMs of Sega Mastersystem/Genesis and Nintendo/SNES games. Occasionally they would hold contests and award prizes to people who could guess which game a particular song came from. I won a tube of toothpaste for identifying the cave song from Phantasy Star 1. Looking back, that is quite an embarrassing accomplishment. I must sound like a fucking idiot.

Originally posted by MetalSlime
At the station at my college back in the States there was a segment that ran late-night and they would play songs ripped from the ROMs of Sega Mastersystem/Genesis and Nintendo/SNES games. Occasionally they would hold contests and award prizes to people who could guess which game a particular song came from. I won a tube of toothpaste for identifying the cave song from Phantasy Star 1. Looking back, that is quite an embarrassing accomplishment. I must sound like a fucking idiot.

Nope YOU'RE A FUCKING LEGEND!!!:cool:

Yeah '3 hours of power'. I've heard some alright stuff on taht. Andrew Haug also hosted rage for a night... ended up taping it and saw alot of shit like Kreator, Testament, Slayer and such...

He played Bloodbath the other night, so ultimate respect.

Originally posted by ham
we have '3 hours of power' on TripleJ (99.3 FM) here in australia. It's on Tuesday nights from 10pm - 1am. the guy who runs it (andrew haug) usually plays a lot of really bad power metal, but sometimes theres some interesting stuff. Lately he's been playing crap (emphasis on the 'crap' part) off Meshuggah's new album and Reroute to Remain, and some cooler stuff off Damage Done. He's played Opeth a lot before, at least 4 times closed the show with tracks like The Drapey Falls, Face of Melinda, Godhead's Lament, and i've heard Advent played before. perhaps the length of the songs is a consideration in playing them at the end of his show... although ive heard some poor ass dream theater songs over 12 mins played during the middle. but they just rock don't they.
I think one of his favourite bands is Opeth arent they? From memory.