Oh Peth

_Transparent_

May 29, 2001
London, England
Visit site
i think this has been done, ages and ages ago, not too sure. anyway just curious to know what other bands do the good old, electric guitars to acoustic, in the middle of a song, like opeth? im not too sure i know any. :err:

on a completely different note everyone check out Forest Of Shadows, they're a refreshing opeth like band. :headbang:

I started doing that four years before I started listening to Opeth. Moonspell, Paradise Lost etc.

Heh, I thought this thread to be a Shakespearean sonnet, like

Oh, Peth!
Shall I compare thee to a lute's sonance?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of ethereal April,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course, untrimm'd;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest;
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou growest;
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

:p

Ulver
Vintersorg
Primordial
Cynic
Edge of Sanity (see Cimson)
Immortal
Borknagar
Bethlehem
Enslaved

To name a few...Though some of these use clean electric as opposed to acoustic, but it is still amazing.

Has anyone heard a band named Opeth ?-). No one mentioned it.

To transparent:
What makes Forest of Shadows refreshing? I downloaded a few songs a while ago and it was just another Opeth rip-off. Not as bad as the infamous April Ethereal though, but I didn't find it interesting at all. :-\

Originally posted by samoniac
Has anyone heard a band named Opeth ?-). No one mentioned it.

To transparent:
What makes Forest of Shadows refreshing? I downloaded a few songs a while ago and it was just another Opeth rip-off. Not as bad as the infamous April Ethereal though, but I didn't find it interesting at all. :-\

well don't worry its probably a problem with your ears :p anyway they're a refreshing break from opeth i think, they've got a little something else, more electric fell than opeth, and they're like stuff of Morningrise, which is my favourite opeth album.

also i mentioned Opeth in my first post :D

enjoy your forest of shadows :cool:

How the hell can you guys go on like this without mentioning METALLICA? They're the first band I heard doing this shit.

"Curiosity didn't only kill the cat, it stumpfucked its remains."

(Garth Ennis, "The Preacher")

Errr... I checked the songs I had listened to and they weren't from any album or ep, I think. So they must be some demo songs and that may explain why they didn't impress me. Sorry, my mistake. I will check some of their newer stuff. Any recommendations? Especially that Morningrise stuff interests me.

I agree here, Metallica were doing it quite well among Ride the Lightning to 'Justice for all' days, see Welcome Home, One, Fade to Black, but they're long dead *a tear :(*

Ah well... as Hetfield said...
"fortune fame, mirror vain .. gone insane, but the memory remains."
rather ironic don't ya think.