Ok, can this be done? (Monitoring, Cubase)

Oct 22, 2007
I have: Edirol FA-101 firewire audio interface (10 in 10 out incase you're wondering) and cubase SX.

I want: to plug my guitar straight into the box, record the clean signal for reamping later but monitor through my amp so when i'm playing i get a usable sound.

I can record a track clean and have the playback go through one of the in/outs on the back- but i want to hear the amp while i'm recording.

Do i need a DI box or canthis be done using cubase?

Yup, no additional hardware or software needed, just select your output on that guitar track to go out to the output > amp. It will record your clean signal and route it out to your amp so you can hear it at the same time. Although for stuff like this I usually put a guitar plug on a buss like (guitar rig or amplitube etc..) just for tracking , forget the amp for now, then go back later and reamp once you have all your tracks. Because if you want to record more than one guitar it will start sounding muddy through your amp because you have all the guitar tracks playing threw your amp while your are trying to record... hope this helps and makes sence.