Ok folks, just spoke with Lizard's wife

wow, I get back after a ten-days absence, and this is the first thing I see... :( I never even thought about how it would affect me if someone here would pass away, as I'm not as personally involved as a lot of you, but this has left me genuinely sad. My condolences to his family, and I hope he got out on the winning end in the afterlife...

I have no money right now but I will soon!

This whole response and organization is really impressive! Great work Deron, Russel, JK, etc! :kickass:

Hi. I got messages from Ali and Aurel while on vacation, and I just wanted to say how saddened I was by this news. There have been a handful of dark moments of silence, as even though I never met the man in person, we definitely shared a bond and I feel a loss in my soul right now. Death is one of the biggest unfortunate inevitabilities of life that nobody can escape, it's only truly tragic to those left behind. My best wishes to all the friends and family, here and beyond.

Anyhow brother, I listened to Mountain Jam on my way up the coast the other day and raised a few Fat Tires in your honoUr last night. Rest easy.

at work i was able to locate an address for one rick burr, just outside of columbus. it was the only result for a richard burr in ohio. *shrug* guess we really don't need that address anyway. but just in case...it almost has to be him.

I always thought Rick lived in Columbus but sometimes he talked about being near the airport, which I'm pretty sure is NOT in Columbus proper. So, yeah, it's probably him.

i was going to post this in the other thread but it's taking a long ass time to load. the library sucks.

anyhow, i sent out a lil package on saturday. it should definitely be there before the 14th. included is a bit to help out with the cost of shipping the whole thing, so, just be sure to open the package :)

Sent; included some receipts and silly flyers per package exchange tradition. I hope that's seen as a nod to Lizard rather than "hey, here's some junk". I did explain why it's there in the card, so it should be okay...

Made a tribute mix CD-R for his wife, kid, or whoever:

Hermano - The Bottle
maudlin of the Well - Heaven and Weak
Kayo Dot - The Manifold Curiosity
Mono - Halcyon (Beautiful Days)
Frank Zappa - Trouble Every Day
Allman Brothers - Mountain Jam

That along with some a short letter and some cashola goes out tomorrow.

Hey all, I'm Rick's (Lizard) youngest brother. I just wanted to thank you guys for your kind words. It really helped me to know that he had alot of people on- and off-line who cared about him.

I guess the lesson in this is to reach out to those around you. We only have a short time on this earth, and you really never know when your time is up. Now I only wish I had a chance to say goodbye, and tell him I loved him.

Thank you all--and ROCK ON.

His absence has really been felt around here the past few months - so much less humour, political insight and all-around good times!

I wish the best to you and all the rest of his family and friends!

I guess the lesson in this is to reach out to those around you. We only have a short time on this earth, and you really never know when your time is up. Now I only wish I had a chance to say goodbye, and tell him I loved him.

Thank you all--and ROCK ON.
So true. It's so easy to get wrapped up and stressed out over the little things and lose sight of the big picture.

Zod