Ok guys, there's something that's really been bothering me....

nevermind, I can't even do this with the guitar I have right now. It wont even stay in tune, I just checked the tuning again, and it automatically went back to standard tuning... I tuned it down a quarter of a step with those fine tuning knobs at the bridge, but for some reason, they wont stay in the position I turn them to.

Give up Misty (don't know your name, sorry)! :lol: Do you plan to learn Finnish and sing along also :loco: I not 100% but I think the chords are Cmin, A#, and G#. Peace ZZZzzzzzz

:lol: How did you know?! Yes, I did plan on learning the lyrics in Finnish, I already have the first verse down. haha. Aw well, I'll just have to wait till I go back to my house and I can use my Gio to test out the chords.

Thanks for the help you guys :)

Right would be:

- Tune the guitar slightly under Eb-Standard

- Chord progression (as we were in E-Standard-Tuning):

//// ////
Dm
//
Dm(played with a barre at the 5th fret of the A-String)
//
C
/// /
Bb C

The track begins with the empty d-string on 4+ followed by the open a string on 1 ass a bass note to the Dm.

Corny did you actually tune down your guitar and try this? If you did, thank you so much. I love you for this :)Cuz when I tried the Dm it really seemed close and it matched the position of his fingers.

Corny did you actually tune down your guitar and try this? If you did, thank you so much. I love you for this :)Cuz when I tried the Dm it really seemed close and it matched the position of his fingers.

Yes I did because you're a nice person and because it was clear that you tried by yourself before you asked. :)

I don't get this part. what do you mean by 4+ and "open string on 1 as a bass note"?

When you see something like "4+", it can be (besides being a part of a chord symbol) a count-time (I dunno the right english term).

So if you play eighths in a 4/4-bar, you count these eighths like this:
1-and-2-and-3-and-4-and
it can also be written like this:
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +

At the "+" or "and" after counttime 4, you hit the empty d-string, on the next counttime 1, you fret Dm but hit the empty a-string. Then you can continue playing the normal progression. On the DVD, it can be heard at 43:03 (that's what my player says, at least).

Btw, Alexi plays it very unclean, so don't mind if you Dm doesn't sound like his ;)

aw man, you are the greatest. thank you so much for putting effort into this. Yes, I also watched the dvd where the sound and audio quality is much better.

so when you say that you hit the open D string that just means that on the count of 1 you only strum the notes that you are fretting right? And then on the + you are strumming those frets and ALSO the empty D string this time, correct? and same thing goes with the open A?

Argh I'm such an idiot for writing "empty" string instead of "open" :lol:

I think you misunderstood me:
1. before you play anything, only hit the open D-String on the counttime 4+.
2. On the next counttime 1, you could start with the normal progression. But instead of doing this, you hit the open A-String. After that, you can carry on with the normal progression.

And while you hit the open A-String on counttime 1, you can fret Dm to make the change into the normal progression easier.

Hm, was that understandable?