Ok, i tried REALLY hard not to post this.......

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
I really did, I know everyone is sick of me crapping on about Iced Earth, but this looks SO cool i couldnt resist......please form a line to the left to commence slapping me stupid for going on about them again.

http://www.icedearth.com/images/genesis.jpg

Those are the covers for the new Iced Earth box set cds.....Damn they look good.

Just to try and keep it somewhat maiden related, they are covering Number of the beast, and Hallowed be thy name on the tribute cd. But you all knew that already anyway, didnt you? :)

HOly Shitballs...
When does that come out?
I iwll buy it for sure!!

More Iced Earth news:

COOL EURO ICED EARTH BOX SET!: (Press Release) ICED EARTH fans have really come out full-force to support the guys on the Megadeth tour. Tara Buzzell of Bullpen Promotions in Massachusettes shares her experience at the Clifton, New York show:

"They were already playing when we got there so there was no time for screwing around. As soon as we got in we ran to the front and were completely blown away. They were incredible! So powerful and so METAL! There were a few people there holding up an Iced Earth banner in the crowd. It was great to hear everyone singing along to 'Ghost of Freedom.' I can't wait to do that again. Next time we'll try not to be late though so we can see the whole set..."

Already more than halfway through the tour, the response has been incredible. Tonight's show in Rockford, Illinois (originally booked for The Times Theater) has been moved to the Midway Theater (a larger venue) due to the high volume of ticket sales. On Monday, November 5th, ICED EARTH will play for a hometown crowd in Indianapolis, Indiana and soon afterward will wrap-up the tour at Newport Music in Columbus, Ohio on November 11th.

The first 2 and-a-half hour show of the phenomenal Feel The Horror European Tour will take place on January 17th in Hardenberg, Netherlands and will continue throughout Europe for 36 nights until the final show on February 24th in (aptly) Thessaloniki, Greece.

Century Media Germany is planning a very special release for Iced Earth fans: Dark Genesis, a 5-cd box set, will include a 32-page hardcover book in a deluxe slipcase, re-mixed & digitally re-mastered versions of the first three studio albums (Iced Earth, Night Of The Stormrider and Burnt Offerings), the Enter The Realm demo recordings that lead to ICED EARTH's record deal with Century Media (track listing below), and cover versions of the band's favorite songs on Tribute To The Gods. While it's slated for European-only release, three thousand box sets will be available through Century Media's Mail-Order for North America come December, 2001. Tribute To The Gods will be released separately worldwide in Spring, 2002.

Enter The Realm tracklisting: Enter The Realm, Colors, Nightmares, Curse The Sky, Solitude, Iced Earth.

Tribute To The Gods tracklisting:

Creatures Of The Night (KISS), Number Of The Beast (Iron Maiden), Highway To Hell (AC/DC), Burnin' For You (Blue Oyster Cult), God Of Thunder (KISS), Screaming For Vengeance (Judas Priest), Dead Babies (Alice Cooper), Cities On Flame (Blue Öyster Cult), Long Way To The Top (AC/DC), Black Sabbath (Black Sabbath), and Hallowed Be Thy Name (Iron Maiden).

November 26th its due out :) Im counting the days!

Id give anything to go to that greek concert.....talk about atmosphere!

Does the fact that it's an Europe only release, combined with the fact that Australia doesn't really cut it as a European nation mean that we're going to have to go through the whole import thing? i.e. It will be impossible to find in "normal" stores and will only be available in specialty stores that no one who buys me christmas presents go to?

Originally posted by phlogiston
Does the fact that it's an Europe only release, combined with the fact that Australia doesn't really cut it as a European nation mean that we're going to have to go through the whole import thing? i.e. It will be impossible to find in "normal" stores and will only be available in specialty stores that no one who buys me christmas presents go to?

Sadly, I think yes Phloggy. :cry:

But Ill still be getting it!

Sydo: Just think though, you will be rich in quality music and cool looking art. Sometimes material things just arent as important. Except that the IE boxset is a material thing so erm, money IS all thats important then......... :err:

Just been in touch with Century Media's Australian chapter and learned that Dark Genius will be "out by the end of the month as soon as we sort out a price etc." So it is definitely getting a local release!

I've changed my mind now that I've seen the covers. GIMME!!

W

*spawny bows*

You wouldnt happen to know an exact date would you oh mighty oracle of wisdom? :D

Just thought I'd bring this to the top :)

Wasn't "Horror Show" Iced Earth's "contractural obligation" album to Century Media? This was their last album with CM wasn't it, and now they're going somewhere else?

So is this just a CM cash-in? Not that I care, I'll still get it, just wondering if this is an IE authorised release? And is that the reason it's so cheap (relatively, if the reported prices can be believed.)

Yep horror show was their last cd with CM, but if Jon does the box set with CM then he gains control of the back catalogue (Dont ask me how that works because I have no idea!)
It was all done with his permission, and the reason its so cheap was because Jon wanted to keep the price down (he does the same with the tshirts, they are cheaper and Jon makes less but he prefers that rather than screwing people over, which is nice of him :) ), CM wanted to charge more but Jon wouldnt let them, there was talk of a DVD as well, but Jon said that CM would have charged too much for it had it been included with the cds. (This is all from various interviews with Jon)
So the short answer is, its authorised and its cheap :D

Hey spawn

I read a great interview with John in the latest revolver magazine, good shots too.
Don't let the linkin park photo on the front scare you - Lots of cool true metal inside.

stu-e