Okay, Freaks, I'm Back...

bRaTpRiNcEsS

Feb 4, 2002
Past the Point of Caring
Visit site
I'm now online again. Not that I have a whole lot of time to spend goofing around or anything, but you'll be seeing me a hell of a lot more than you have in the past.

Hmmm...updates...Well, I got a minivan, and a dog. The dog is a two month old puppy and it's more hyper than my kids. Joy.

I'm still working at a grocery store. In fact, today I start my shared life in the service deli, as my boss can't give me enough hours and the deli can't hold on to people, and I already have my food handler's card.

I actually have a start on my Christmas shopping. I'm not as done as I would like to be, but I had a bigger head start this year than ever before.

My sister married her idiot fiance. I didn't go to the wedding. Boy, did that ever start a war in the family. But I won that one. :)

And my husband's sister did it up good this time, too. Whew. I don't have time to go there.

I'm sure there's plenty more than I need to throw in here, but I can't think of it. Maybe after I get some replies. :D

TD said:
One of the tried and true cool fucks on this board. To quote the great Van Halen "It's About Time," we've got Alexstomp and the Brat back on the same board.
And Greg. This is a good thingy.
Maybe all you returners can help me prove that the OFFICIAL ANTHRAX STREET TEAM is better than the make believe Sanctuary Street Team?????????????????
Help Anthrax help YOU, by helping promote Anthrax!

Welcome back darlin', we need a female perspective on this board. I love puppies, you gotta post a pic for us. Hope the grocery job works out...retail sux, huh? I know, been doing it for 6 years!

Who is this person pretending to be bRaT??? On a totally unrelated topic, Bruce Wi... I mean John Bush, is a homersexual. It's true. That Jezebel thing is only a cover up people!

sufferer said:
Welcome back darlin', we need a female perspective on this board. I love puppies, you gotta post a pic for us. Hope the grocery job works out...retail sux, huh? I know, been doing it for 6 years!

My Daddy retired from the Big Bear (Grocery) corp. as a manager in 1985. He then owned his own grocery until 2000. So I've grown up around retail. I also helped out at a local IGA my last couple of years of college. Retail does suck, but I believe that anyone with an ounce of kooth can make retail work. You just have to work.

mentalmeltdown said:
Who is this person pretending to be bRaT??? On a totally unrelated topic, Bruce Wi... I mean John Bush, is a homersexual. It's true. That Jezebel thing is only a cover up people!
The little one is blowing my theory that it's a sexless marriage. :erk:

He's not gay, and neither is his hat, dammit!! :yell:

TD said:
My Daddy retired from the Big Bear (Grocery) corp. as a manager in 1985. He then owned his own grocery until 2000. So I've grown up around retail. I also helped out at a local IGA my last couple of years of college. Retail does suck, but I believe that anyone with an ounce of kooth can make retail work. You just have to work.
so true there are opportunities but u have to really be keen to put the time in, i am quite happy doing my 5am to 2pm shifts,i'm relaxed when i get home and have the rest of the day to enjoy.

TD said:
Hell yeah, I've been at Sam's Club 5 1/2 years, I'm making about $17 bucks an hour, fine with me. They want me in management big time, but I make enough to get by. I started at 7.50 an hour, but busting my ass got me better! Hard work is the only way to get ahead, laziness will get you nowhere. I've worked hard, and no matter how bad retail sucks, it's better than construction, especially here in Florida. Roofing in 105+ degrees? No thanks, I'll take retail any day :D

It's not my job that sucks so much as it's some of the people I work with who suck. My customers on the whole are really decent and we have some regulars that make the day a little better. Last night was my first night in the deli, and it wasn't half bad.