Old Man's Child

Dark Sorceror

Oct 21, 2006
India
Any fans? Old Man's Child is Black Metal, a side project of Galder, currently a member of Dimmu Borgir. And they are actually better than Dimmu Borgir themselves.

My favorite album is 'Revelation 666: The Curse of Damnation', followed by 'Ill-Natured Spiritual Invasion' (the one in my signature). Hideously awesome music.

I do not like Cradle of Filth, but the other two, I am into. Its a matter of fuckin' opinion. There are plenty of Dimmu Borgir fans.

Dark Sorceror said:
I do not like Cradle of Filth, but the other two, I am into. Its a matter of fuckin' opinion. There are plenty of Dimmu Borgir fans.

I know there's a lot of Dimmu Borgir (evident of here too) and that's the problem. There is so much better symphonic black metal. Try Nokturnal Mortum, and Kataxu then move on from there.

I like Dimmu Borgir, but I haven't had a chance to check out these guys. I hear a lot of crap about them but that won't stop my curiosity.

I enjoy 'vermin' and 'in defiance of existence'. that's it

MetalNoob said:
I know there's a lot of Dimmu Borgir (evident of here too) and that's the problem. There is so much better symphonic black metal. Try Nokturnal Mortum, and Kataxu then move on from there.

Thanks for the recommendations. I will check them out.

However, seeing as I am also a fan of OMC, I would just like to say their two most addictive songs are 'Captives of Humanity' and 'Unholy Vivid Innocence'. So far I have only listened to the two albums I mentioned, so there may be more to come.

The Pagan Prosperity was one of my first black metal release. I can't remember any songs but I remember enjoying it but later sold it. I don't think I'd enjoy it that much if I heard it again.

hibernal_dream said:
The Pagan Prosperity was one of my first black metal release. I can't remember any songs but I remember enjoying it but later sold it. I don't think I'd enjoy it that much if I heard it again.

Word for word.

Dark Sorceror said:
Thanks for the recommendations. I will check them out.

However, seeing as I am also a fan of OMC, I would just like to say their two most addictive songs are 'Captives of Humanity' and 'Unholy Vivid Innocence'. So far I have only listened to the two albums I mentioned, so there may be more to come.

You need to get In Defiance of Existence by OMC ...

Dark Sorceror said:
Any fans? Old Man's Child is Black Metal, a side project of Galder, currently a member of Dimmu Borgir. And they are actually better than Dimmu Borgir themselves.

My favorite album is 'Revelation 666: The Curse of Damnation', followed by 'Ill-Natured Spiritual Invasion' (the one in my signature). Hideously awesome music.
Only OMC album I heard was the split with Dimmu which was terrible if memory serves me. As far as Dimmu and Cradle (as those bands are cropping up in this thread), I enjoy the first four Cradle's and most of Dimmu's 90's material but feel that they have become quite bland as of late (especially Cradle which has become utterly generic and crappy, think Damnation and a Day).