Old Man's Child

Cradle of Filth actually seem a lot less shitty than dimmu borgir. Cradle of Filth sound pretty traditional and natural in sense compared to DB which is why they generally come across more serious musically imo. A lot of DB sounds like a big synthesized orchestra or something. I have heard stormblast which is somewhat different than other releases from the band.

The Greys said:
Cradle of Filth actually seem a lot less shitty than dimmu borgir. Cradle of Filth sound pretty traditional and natural in sense compared to DB which is why they generally come across more serious musically imo. A lot of DB sounds like a big synthesized orchestra or something. I have heard stormblast which is somewhat different than other releases from the band.
The new Stormblast is good, but the original is way better IMO.

I have listened to all their albums now and quite frankly, I like them as much as Dimmu. Perhaps its because I am relatively new to Black Metal, so I enjoy them more than others, who may have heard better bands.

Certainly worth listening to, though. They aren't complete crap.

Ah, I started into Black Metal with Dimmu Borgir and Old Man's Child and progressed from there. I really don't listen to either band anymore and they both can be pretty boring:erk:

They are nothing special, I like couple of their songs and that's it. And why the fuck Dimmu Borgir is one of the "three miserable of metal" MetalNoob?

I'm guessing because they're the closest to pop/rock in the style of music they play.

wtf.Dimmu Borgir and Old man's child closet to what.? hehehhe gotta be kdng me you just have mentioned two monsters of the best Melodic Black Metal ever:loco:

Dimmu Burgir (now) and Old Man's Child (hell, throw Cradle of Filth in too) is so far away now from what black metal was suppose to be that it can't even be called black metal anymore. That is why you see people arguing that they aren't black metal anymore and actually "extreme metal".

Papa Josh said:
LMAO at someone suggesting Nokturnal Mortem..... keyboards sound like first generation Casio keyboards....

So? Big deal. They can take a fucking Santa Clause bell and ring it for all I care. If someone wants a black metal band that actually sticks to the roots of black metal or the roots of themselves then someone can recommend pretty much any black metal act over the three mentioned in the initial post of this thread.

The Bringer said:
So? Big deal. They can take a fucking Santa Clause bell and ring it for all I care. If someone wants a black metal band that actually sticks to the roots of black metal or the roots of themselves then someone can recommend pretty much any black metal act over the three mentioned in the initial post of this thread.

Guess I am just harder to please in that regard...

And I look at it all as METAL first and foremost. :Smug: :kickass:

Nokturnal Mortum are incredible... and are a thousand times better at what they do than Old Man's Child. And I think their music is a lot more honest and integral...even if they are racist nazi punks.