Old Man's Child

I got into Old Man's Child when Born of the Flickering (when it was an actual band, and not Tom's little musical chairs ego-show) came out. I thought it was pretty good, but I haven't listened to it in a million years. Other than that, and a few tracks off Revelation 666, I think they're the epitome of generic synth "black" metal. Not bad, just kinda, meh.

"in defiance..." and "revelation 666" are pretty damn good imo. dimmu's original stormblast was fucking badass when i first heard it, too. dimmu gets no credit considering the actual musical talent, even if some feel they lack the passion or whatever. both bands actually *gasp* change time signatures and have some progressive (omg noooooo) qualities. cradle of filth can rot in the garbage though. i wouldn't consider either as black... more like gray at best.
nokturnal mortum.... ahh goat horns is one of my favorite all-time albums.

They are nothing special, I like couple of their songs and that's it. And why the fuck Dimmu Borgir is one of the "three miserable of metal" MetalNoob?

Of Black metal... Mainly because they seem to represent BM as a whole (being the more mainstream) and they don't play anything resembling what BM really is. And they suck....

Because its confrontational and shocking. Were Venom serious about their Satanic lyrics? What role do you think Nazism fulfils for bands these days when nothing is considered extreme anymore?