(Old) Valvestate differences?

Ozterkvlt

Oct 20, 2010
Finland
Is the Marshall Valvestate 8080 the same as the 8100, except with lower watts? I've been searching the net but I haven't found any definite answer which would confirm this. I've been looking at the 8100 for bedroom practice/backup amp for metal but the 8080 is MUCH easier to find. I wonder why you never hear about the 8080, only about the 8100, if they're supposed to be the same amp. Could somebody confirm this with the schematics of the two amps or by experience or something? Thanks, this forum kicks ass BTW.

http://www.marshallamps.com/downloads/files/VS1%20hbk%20Eng.pdf

There's the handbook for the whole line of amps you're interested in. In short, the answer to your question is yes, the 8080 is the 80 watt combo version of the 8100 100 watt head. At least the front panel is the same which suggests they share at least the same preamp topology and features.

Thanks for the reply. Btw do any of you guys know of any artists who use/used the 8100 or any of the same series, or any albums recorded with it? (other than some of the Death albums and that one Prong album).

If I can help you I own a Valvestate VS100R the new version of mid 90s of that Valvestates.