Older fans (2 years +), what is your favorite Opeth album?

Best Opeth album?

• Orchid

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Morningrise

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • My Arms, Your Hearse

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • Still Life

Votes: 37 33.0%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • Deliverance

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Damnation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
IAmEternal said:
EDIT:
It's saddening to me that Orchid hasn't gotten any votes. You'd think there'd be at least one old purist or something, it's such a great album :(
Yeah it is great, but for the most part people agree that Morningrise share all the same elements that make Orchid great, but its exicuted even better on pretty much every level...

Orchid is a pretty average album with good moments.
Morningrise is an improvement upon Orchid but not very sophisticated compared to their subsequent output.
My Arms Your Hearse is solid but Opeth is not quite there yet. It is hampered by weak production.
Still Life is my least favorite Opeth album with Orchid. Save for a few songs, it is not nearly as transcendant as Morningrise or My Arms Your Hearse.
Blackwater Park is their masterpiece. The melodies are very strong and so are the arrangements and the production.
Deliverance is my second favorite album after Blackwater Park but not far behind. Superb.
Damnation is their most uneven album with Orchid.

still life by far...minus the sudden end in SPD, i think this album is perfect. morningrise is a distant second.

Been listening to Opeth almost since Morningrise have been release,
and it's also been my first record and still my favorite!
But you know every now and then, i'm hook on another album...depending of my mood!
Opeth can be hard to get into, but once you're there you can't get those melodies out of you head! :)

I think Opeth never slacked off really on any of their albums, nothing gets better then the beautie of Opeth's music, I think it was best expressed on their 'Still Life' album. Amazing really... as all their others are. I wonder what their next cd will be like, I heard its going to be a little more black metal.
Opeth always tries something new, thats what makes them the Godly.

Hail Opeth, hehehe :worship:

Ahhhhhh it's crazy how their albums sneak up on you sometimes. I've been bored to hell with MAYH for a very long time, seven or eight months now, all of a sudden I listen to it all the way through yesterday and it's my 2nd favourite again! Bastards :)