Older Katatonia or newer?

Older or newer Katatonia?

• Older

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Newer

Votes: 37 68.5%

• Total voters
Older, though Tonight's Decision is friggin awesome. Only listen to other newer albums once in a blue moon.

"Newer"! Quotes 'cuz their "newer" stuff really isn't that new. But I get the gist of it. The thing is, the "newer" stuff (aka without growls) has pretty much been the majority of their music. The only album that bores me is Discouraged Ones 'cuz it's so goddamn repetative. But from Tonight's Decision and on, it's been a wonderful journey. I'm hoping Night is the New Day continues right where the Kat's left off with TGCD. I want increased crunchy heaviness with increased melancholy (i.e. like Unfurl type stuff). Much anticipation and many expectations for the new one!!

I do love BMD and DoDS, though! :kickass:

I love how Katatonia noobs still refer to Discouraged One's as NEW Katatonia... wtf

Discouraged one's has more in common to Braver Murder Day, musically, then it does to let's say Last Fair Deal Gone Down..
Just because they started the exclusive use of singing vocals does not mean they compromised mood, atmosphere, or music.

When people refer to "Old Katatonia" as ONLY DoDS BMD, it proves how little of the music they are actually digesting.

P.S. end this stupid thread.
It HAS been done to death on this forum

First two no good.

Clean Kats is where it's at.

Yep this has been done a bunch.

Impossible to answer since I love Discouraged Ones and TGCD the most..along with TLFDGD. So a "both" option should be there.

I definitelly like the older albums much more than the newer ones. Dance of December Souls is the best album so far, but have to say that Discouraged Ones is the second best album and i agree that countin' it to the new 'era' of Katatonia is a bit nonsense, 'cause, as it was already said, it does refer to Brave Murder Day in a a great way.

But that doesn't mean that i dislike the newer albums, of course not. I love Viva Emptiness, The Great Cold Distance, Tonight's decision. The only one I'm not quite up to is Last Fair Deal Gone Down, altough songs like Chrome and Teargas are one of my favorites.

I definitelly like the older albums much more than the newer ones. Dance of December Souls is the best album so far, but have to say that Discouraged Ones is the second best album and i agree that countin' it to the new 'era' of Katatonia is a bit nonsense, 'cause, as it was already said, it does refer to Brave Murder Day in a a great way.

But that doesn't mean that i dislike the newer albums, of course not. I love Viva Emptiness, The Great Cold Distance, Tonight's decision. The only one I'm not quite up to is Last Fair Deal Gone Down, altough songs like Chrome and Teargas are one of my favorites.

Maaaan. Last Fair Deal Gone Down is ttly lyke... 1 of their bestest albums evar

all album can be considered as a progressive ripening...so i have to say that they're grown well, every album they make, so i prefer new stuff.

even if my first love is d.o. and l.f.d.g.d., and always be.

I cannot vote on this :E its a too hard decision to make.. I'll go aswell with "both"