oldschool meets breakdown? dense thick mix

Perfect dude!

I don't know if you've tried this or how well it would work, but maybe if you automated the volume of the bottom snare mic down a bit for that intro roll it would sound a little better.

yeah, I'm probably gonna do that.

the mic-position was pewtty close to what I'm always using, the mic was a tiny bit off axis though (just VERY little, like 10-20 degrees or so).

cool, glad you giys like it, thanks for listening!

Yeah Lasse, you really nailed it to the point - what can I say? We (me and the rest of the band that already had a chance to listen to it) are speechless :worship:

Again: thanks a lot for your great efforts, it was worth every single cent...and a further "Thank you!" goes out to the rest here that posted the kind words. :)

Keep it heavy!

Matze / Wichita Falls

Guitar tone is just amazing. :worship:

I like the mix also, there are very interesting details in there. I'm sure that after the auto it will be even better!
Good luck with this :kickass:

PS: the YEEEEEEAH is just :'(

Lasse, sounds amazing! I really think your tones are infinitely better with the Mesa cab!

What is your usual micing position? Is the cap of the SM57 on the dust cap? Barely on it? It's hard sometimes to get an idea of mic positions without seeing a picture of some sort.

-Joe

I actually really dig the snare sound and have zero problems with that roll in the beginning. One of my favorite mixes from you. \m/

-Joe

thanks!

I think I sent "The Shred" the Recto Settings and exact details about the mic placing....could you perhaps fill in for me James?

if not I'll post tomorrow when I'm back in the studio

thanks!

I think I sent "The Shred" the Recto Settings and exact details about the mic placing....could you perhaps fill in for me James?

if not I'll post tomorrow when I'm back in the studio

If I had my IM's logged I would give it in detail sadly I don't. All I can really remember was gain at 1'oclock, mids about 11 o'clock and 11:30 bass?

As far as the mic position, top speaker, slightly off axis as you mentioned, aimed where the dustcap meets the cone. (Left hand side of the speaker, if that matters haha).

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head sadly, feel free to elaborate in further detail!

Thanks dudes!

When you say where the dustcap meets the cone, do you mean the front of the mic basically cuts the seam between the dustcap and cone in half? Left side of the mic touching the seam? Or right side touching the seem?

Sorry to be so damn picky, just curious!

-Joe

Ok, here are my retard drawings so we are all clear...

Is it:

Celestionleft.jpg

celestionmiddle.jpg

or

Celestionright.jpg

???

-Joe

Really glad you posted the pics, I know myself its really difficult to tell what people mean when they write about mic positioning in words as you can't ever really nail it in your head if that makes sense :p

For this particular thread I assumed Lasse was pretty much #2 but SLIGHTLY futher left (as in futher from the cone itself) just from what he said to me about it being slightly more dustcap than cone. But #2 seems pretty generic, thats how I usually mic my cab.

Saying that my latest track was with #3 placement, however it took a shed load of post EQ to get it sounding decent.

Actually I think ive been using #3 mostly, dang! I need my new interface now!! I wanna get to some more mic placement experimenting!