oldschool meets breakdown? dense thick mix

Since Lasse said it was OK for The Shred to post and since he couldn't remember the mic pos'n details I assume it's OK for me to clarify. The mic was mostly over the dustcap (so closer to pic 3 above) with about 4mm over the cone. It was pointing slightly towards the centre of the dustcap. Yes, towards the fizz. I am in severy fizzyland with that position using the same cab (albeit mine is slant and his is straight).

yeah, it was between #2 and #3, I'd say it was #3 , moved a few mm to the left (towards #2). so I'd say thw #3:#2 ratio was like 80:20.

mic was angled/pointing towards the center (but really just very slightly...dunno, like 10 degrees or so

I'll post the ampsettings before long.

#Gavin: I'll continue using the Engl cab as well of course....just gotta dewll in Mesa Land for a bit now ;)

the Engl will always be my go to cab when it's supposed to be a bit more rock/less smooth, but when the Marshall would be too much.

Ah thanks for the clarification!

Whenever I mic that close to the dustcap, my sounds is thin and fizzy to all hell!! how to do you do it, kind sir? lol.

Keep it up w/ the Mesa cab...\m/

-Joe

Loving this mix. Personally i'm really liking the snare. Has qualities of one i'm recording right now. Was it by any chance a 13"? Any chance of a snare sample coming from this one?

So kinda like this?

Lasse1.jpg

With the mic itself slightly left aiming toward the spot pictured?

Sorry the red spot isnt bigger, but you get the jist of it :)

Not a fan of the vox, but that's not your fault! This is a very professional sounding mix overall and I'm very impressed. Great work!