oldschool meets breakdown? dense thick mix

ah now it works... I don't know if it is these headphones, but I can really hear nasty digital sounding distortion, and its really audible during the first 10 seconds with headphones, but I can even hear it with this mono speaker from the laptop, I tried listening with Winamp, Audacity and Quicktime, so its not the player either. My guess is that its those sustained single note rhythm guitars.

ah now it works... I don't know if it is these headphones, but I can really hear nasty digital sounding distortion, and its really audible during the first 10 seconds with headphones, but I can even hear it with this mono speaker from the laptop, I tried listening with Winamp, Audacity and Quicktime, so its not the player either. My guess is that its those sustained single note rhythm guitars.

yeah, it's there...it's just a quick roughmaster that's a bit over the top...ignore that, won't be there in the final version...

Ohh, I hear the crash coming through in the snare mic at the beginning of that first snare roll. Probably not going to be noticeable to the average listener, but something to think about maybe?

Ohh, I hear the crash coming through in the snare mic at the beginning of that first snare roll. Probably not going to be noticeable to the average listener, but something to think about maybe?

Ha, that's a good thing....there are people here in my town that say I wouldn't be able to get good drumsounds without "triggering" (one of those dumbfucks ;) )...
so cymbalbleed on the snare will show them that that's not the case ;)

yeah, after I got over the digital clipping, it sounds actually pretty nice. the song could really benefit a bit from just a wee bit of dynamics because it does have slightly quieter parts, but what can you do when the band demands that its atleast louder than the band next door... Now the volume is just constant, all the time...

I tried this with audacity (for example the small spikes are the parts with subdrops) and I really have to admit that I didn't notice that big of a difference on the loss of volume with headphones, but it gave the song a bit more of a life to it. This is just a rough sketch, but gives you the idea:
wasteland.jpg

Lasse, here is the audacity projectfile if you want to test it, should work if you import the mp3 there.
But if it doesn't or you don't want to install audacity, I can bounce an mp3 for you if you want to hear it (hit me with a pm).

Ha, that's a good thing....there are people here in my town that say I wouldn't be able to get good drumsounds without "triggering" (one of those dumbfucks ;) )...
so cymbalbleed on the snare will show them that that's not the case ;)

In that case, you're the man, 'cause those drum sounds fuggin rock.

yeah, after I got over the digital clipping, it sounds actually pretty nice. the song could really benefit a bit from just a wee bit of dynamics because it does have slightly quieter parts, but what can you do when the band demands that its atleast louder than the band next door... Now the volume is just constant, all the time...

I tried this with audacity (for example the small spikes are the parts with subdrops) and I really have to admit that I didn't notice that big of a difference on the loss of volume with headphones, but it gave the song a bit more of a life to it. This is just a rough sketch, but gives you the idea:
wasteland.jpg

Lasse, here is the audacity projectfile if you want to test it, should work if you import the mp3 there.
But if it doesn't or you don't want to install audacity, I can bounce an mp3 for you if you want to hear it (hit me with a pm).

yeah, I know, IO just quickly slammed a limiter on it to get the volume up...it's not the proper mastering yet