OMG BBQ POD X3 PRO STFU!

AudioGeekZine

arsehole know-it-all
Jan 1, 2008
Vancouver
www.audiogeekzine.com
Why hasn't this been mentioned here yet?
All you pod lovers got your head up yer ass this week or what?
I personally don't care about the product, but I know someone here will.
I'll admit it looks cool and I like the bazillion I/O options.

POD X3 Pro
http://www.line6.com/podx3pro/

Clipboard01.png

Enjoy!

There was a thread about it a couple months ago. I remember some people making fun of it. For me, Line 6 has been a huge part of my setup, but I have really been disappointed with them since they came out with the PODX3. I thought they were going to knock it out of the park so-to-speak with their new modeler......after all, they are supposed to be the authority on amp modelers. When I see the X3 and X3 Pro, I see rehashed technology and they are milking it for everything its worth. This new rackmount X3 does have a lot of nice options, but its still going to sound essentially the same as the PODxt that I've had since Christmas of 2002 with additional model packs purchased along the way. And come on already, how many people with an old POD don't already have a preamp of some sort?

To me it is clear that Line 6 is no longer the amp modeling authority and that Michael from Alien Connections/Peavey is. Again, not to bash Line 6 too much because they have been a HUGE part of my music, but their focus on amp modeling is really taking a dump. They are innovative in repackaging, but Alien Connections in innovative where it really counts. Just my opinion.

I feel the same exact way. A friend of mine is like "the X3 is awesome man, fucking two different amps at one time" and I'm like "wow. so impressive. what else is new though?" and he has nothing to say. I told him he'd be better off, money wise, getting an XT and the ms model pack.

~006

I don't know about you guys but I find the best direct/digital tones have always been from an XT. I still haven't heard any jaw dropping wager/revalver/guitar rig etc. tones.