On Reunions

Corrosion of Conformity (Down is alright, I suppose, but let Pepper write some new COC, damnit!)

Can't help but think Pep's days in COC are numbered. I'm with you, Down are OK but that's it. I can't believe the hysteria surrounding them at the minute (my opinion of course).

COC on the other hand have always delivered...... I'll miss them :cry:

I'm not so willing to accept that COC's days are numbered. Between Crowbar/ Arson Anthem / Kingdom of Sorrow / Eyehategod and lord knows what other projects the boys in Down are involved in, I think there is plenty of time for COC.

I refuse to think anything else, especially since the last two COC cd's are two of my all time favorite albums by any band.

It was one of the early italian Renaissance poets - either Dante or Petrarca - who said (my poor translation):
" You should never go back to your former lovers.
They don't exist.
Only your memories do..."

I have the same opinion. If the shit didn't work, then the case's been closed. Move on to the new pastures...

I think it all depends on the reasons for the reunion.

Sometimes it really is honestly because the band misses their original/classic lineup and are curious how they'd sound with the classic lineup back.

Other times it's all about cash and business. Unfortunately, 50% of Anthrax seemed to be doing the reunion for that very reason, but it still seemed like an enjoyable thing for the time it lasted. It just sucked that half the members fucked it up by going on with it for all the wrong reasons. Or so it seemed, anyway. But I support any cool reunion that seems sincere enough. (They're just needs to be more of those...)