One-Album-Wonders

_Gentleman of_the Snow_

Prog' Drummer
Oct 30, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I recently purchased Dali's Dilemma's Manifesto for Futurism and love it. This is the only album they've ever released (released in 1999) and the band is no longer together. This has got me wondering what other bands out there have only released 1 album before no longer existing.

What are some bands who've only released 1 album before splitting that you consider solid and thoroughly enjoyable?

Madsword's The Global Village is an exceptional album, and they have subsequently released nothing. There was a four track EP prior to this album, but that doesn't really count.

Ark have two albums, but the first was more like a demo and didn't have Mats Olausson and Randy Coven anyway, so the second is what I'd consider the first real Ark album. They split up over differences between Tore and Mac, but Jorn had left anyway. Burn the Sun is a supreme album.

^ i might be wrong but i believe cynic has another album coming out?? at least my friend mark (from Alarum) who is like their biggest fan brags he has gotten a hold of their new album to look over before it's released.. anyway.. could be wrong, but thats what he said.. so dunno if they fit anymore into that category..

Altura (mercy) A great band that was on magna carta

Greyhaven (Greyhaven) Probably the Greatest one album band EVER!!:worship:

Payne's gray (kadath decoded) Totally incredible prog band from Germany who called it a day way too soon!!!:worship:

^ i might be wrong but i believe cynic has another album coming out?? at least my friend mark (from Alarum) who is like their biggest fan brags he has gotten a hold of their new album to look over before it's released.. anyway.. could be wrong, but thats what he said.. so dunno if they fit anymore into that category..

Yeah I've heard that as well, I hope its true... Spiral Architect have had a new album coming out for the past couple of years as well, but progress is slow there unfortunately... :erk:

Opus Atlantica I think. Very short and great one !

Can we think about bands which have made a really great one and only shitty after ... ? (like Invictus) :)

Regarding some bands mentioned earlier :

A new demo from Cynic is coming out soon.

Frost* will release a second album this year.

And, as far as i know, Spiral Architect is well engaged in the process of creating a new masterpiece.

Jem Godfrey said that they are in the studio working on the second album. With a different guitarist I think.

Anglagard released two albums and then split. I wish they were still making music.:cry:

Wobbler (Although, they are supposed to have another one coming out within a year.)