One of those interesting finds; Paris Rhone

J. Golden

Heaven and Hell Records
Oct 12, 2009
here
www.heavenandhellrecords.com
This guy had mentioned them to me at a record show a few months ago. The guy said he used to have their demo cassette and that he use to see them live- seems they were pretty big in their area. The guy had also long lost the demo and cannot find anything on the band except for two songs on Youtube. So being that this sounded a little interesting I went on the hunt.
Sadly it did not turn out as well as I had hoped, or at least not yet anyway. Well things aren't looking good.
However I did track down two members and spoke with them both; one in PA. while the other is in Texas. I found out what happened with the band and all that jazz. No one seems to know if there are any master copies of the demos recorded, or if there even is a "decent" copy anywhere. I did just receive really compressed MP3s of the demo and some live songs. But I'm afraid that all there may ever be is these few live clips and the songs on Cary's Reverbnation page.
As far as I can tell there is little to know information about these guys anywhere, well not collectively as Paris Rhone anyway. Seems strange considering what the guy at the record show was telling me. But one thing it does prove is that there are/were countless bands out there and many with potential.
I liked what I heard from these guys, thought it was pretty good. There were hints of NWOBHM, Dio era Sabbath, BOC, Sorcery, and a little Cheap Trick even. The songs are well crafted with fine vocals, good musicianship, nice arrangements, and pretty good lyrics even. They were not falling into the trapping of must U.S. rock bands around the time, you know all that poofy hair ball stuff. And one can tell from the poor quality live videos that the band had their act together.
Maybe there is still some hope that I will be able to undercover something as I am in talk with these guys now, but again it is not looking lik there is anything there.
So here are the videos if you want to check them out. Posting this in a forum I'm sure we will hear something negative but whatever, I thought they were pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator: