One travelled to Israel...

Normaly they have great hummus at Bet lechem - but thats a place in Tel aviv;)

Today there should be huge party in Betlehem, cause the christians celebrate there, and they have the "birth-chirch" but apart from that, there's nothing much to see...

The Church Of The Nativity is actually a very historical site though. Many people go to Israel just to see that site.

Thanks MH, i didn't know the correct name. I just heard about it in the news, that many pilgrims were going there today. I guess I'll have to see it also one day....next time i'll go to Israel:)

I think the Church in Jerusalem (the holy sculpture....where Jesus was buried before he left his grave)....is more interesting.....
and the one in Nazareth as well....

Thanks MH, i didn't know the correct name. I just heard about it in the news, that many pilgrims were going there today. I guess I'll have to see it also one day....next time i'll go to Israel:)
There's a star there that many people make a special effort to see. I don't exactly remember what that start represents, what it is for (I don't even remember if it is a star!), but if you go all the way there, you should make sure to see it.
I personally hate touring and site seeing. Did it once when my uncle took me, my mom and my sister. Granted, I was only 10, I didn't really care either way.
Even now, I'd rather be at the beach, at a bar, at a club or hanging out with some relatives there.

Reading everyone's replies makes me want to go to Israel!

Hopefully by '08 or '09, I'll go and visit.

VERY cool!

I miss Israel very much myself. But luckily, all my family lives there (and by family I also include good friends who are like family) so I go every year :)

I loved the photo of the Bat Yam beach a lot. The good ol' Mediteranean sea shells, awww!
Great thread!! Thanks so much for sharing!