Online rpg

Magrathean

worldbuilder
Oct 14, 2005
Faculty of Science
s1.zetaboards.com
I don't know how many supporters an UltimateMetal rpg thread would have, but if anyone's interested post here and if we get enough players we can begin something.

Edit: Since people seem to like to post bullshit more than intelligent shit, the rpg starts on page 3.

I have a somewhat futuristic world in mind: a world with lots of technology but little access to it and a strict regime which doesn't allow anyone except the governments to really make use of it. A war-torn desert world in which technology and water are the two things worth killing for.

Yes, but what the hell are you talking about?!?!?!?

They're actually usually called MMORPG's.

Of those, I've played:

Everquest
Dark Age Of Camelot
Ultima Online
Baldur's Gate (I think, can't remember...)
World Of Warcraft
Guns
Guild Wars
Diablo
Diablo 2

Is that enough?

Tubbs: Then this isn't a MMORPG. This isn't massive, but it's multiplayer and online alright. It's just plain old forum rpging, if you know what i mean.

OfManAndMetal: I wouldn't know if you could say it's D&D, but it's just a name, so i don't think it really matters. I hope you get an idea from that link i posted.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
And technically, it is an MMORPG if it's only online.

:rolleyes:
NO it isn't. Just like you said in your earlier post "RPG's that are set in a huge world with thousands of other people on a huge server is an MMORPG." <sic> There's no sensible way to run a game for thousands of people in a forum thread, so it can not be "massively multiplayer".

UndoControl was trying to start a storytelling rpg on this thread. More to do with traditional tabletop-roleplaying (like D&D) than MMORPG's. Something with imagination involved, rather than the candy graphics coated hack n' slash and leveling simulation like most MMORPG's are. (sorry, I loathe them)

Anyway, I would be interested if I wasn't so busy in the next few weeks. :(