Opeth - 6xLP hand numbered wooden box

Has anyone who previously hadnt received their box set yet i personally am still waiting on mine and getting more frustrated each passing day

I sent viva hate an email last night saying that if it hadn't been sent, that I wanted a refund. I also told them that I was prepared to take it up with paypal.....especially since they won't respond to my emails (or haven't since March 26th when they said they were shipping....)

they finally responded:

Hey..., I will have a look at the tracking number tomorrow okay?
It's a lot of work with the boxes and a lot more beside, sorry.

Weird that you box didn't arrive.
regards, Thomas.

^i feel kinda bad for ol tom

yeah, but they took orders, charged a ton for shipping, told people they were going to be sent and then didn't reply or answer emails for weeks. All they had to do was email me back and say things were delayed or something. Any response would have been better than no response. It took me threatening action to get a response.

Also, for the amount they're charging, they're pulling in a lot of cash. It seems that getting paid is more important than customer satisfaction.....

I don't feel bad for them since they brought this on themselves. How many times has this happened to you before (with another release of any kind?) I realize they're a small label, but some planning and organization would have made things easier for them (and made us all happy customers).

yea i got a similar email yesterday from tom it said that he wasnt in his office yesterday (Monday) but that he would be today and he would send me a tracking number but guess what he didnt send me shit i emailed back today asking what was up.

i dont feel bad in the least either for similar reasons he never responses to emails and obviously hasnt stayed truthful to what he said to me yesterday since it is now 10:30 tuesday night and i still have no tracking number or box set. He is pulling in lots of money i paid $212 cdn for this box set with exchnage and shipping and i would expect a little better customer service from him this has probably been the worst business transaction ive ever been through ive never had this problem with any other label ive bought stuff from regardless of it being european or north american id better see results soon or im filing a claim with paypal that i got ripped off

yeah good point ojready, this never really happens, and if it does they at least respond to your emails the next day, im not too anxious anymore, live inferno just shipped out and im excited :), plus my income tax cheque is coming, opeth box is slowly being pushed until last

viva hate wont be getting my money again, lol unless theres another box i really want :p

also, if my stuff (or any of ours) was sent, why wouldn't they....after all those delays, tell us that they had indeed shipped and provided tracking numbers or something? I call bullshit.

Actually, could your stuff be caught up in Customs by any chance? I know it happens over here when getting stuff from the States so I assume the same would apply when getting stuff from Canada.

As I've said earlier, I have ordered several packages from Europe over the past weeks and gotten no major delays....

Maybe Germany is different from France or Holland or Sweden, but those places ship me packages (for decent post amount) and they arrive within a week or so after shipping. 2 weeks at the most.

the point is is that if they had all these delays and people kept writing asking what the status was and then they ended up sending them out (as they say) then you'd think emailing people confirmation/tracking numbers would get people off their backs. It would be the post or customs office or whatever. That would be fine. The fact remains that they didn't tell me when shipped and only responded when I threatened to take action. I still haven't received my tracking # yet (it's about 5 or 6pm in germany right now, so you'd think it would've been sent by now).

How do I know it's even shipped? How does anyone who ordered from across the pond know theirs has shipped? How about dealing with some customer service. Their customer service seemed to run out when they receive payment. Shipping acknowledgement or confirmation isn't too much to ask. Neither is an email response. Again, none of this is asking too much for the amount we paid for these.

Also, they updated their main site today, so they're open and whatnot, which makes things even more ridiculous.

Looks like an Enslaved Box set is going to be released. Usually, I'd be all over it, but I'm really sour to this place......

finally got a response

I wasn’ in the office till now where all delivery notes were…and updates I can do from wherever I want, even at university where I did it.

But: I simply can not find the invoice from you. Did you do the payment through me or receive an email from Nancy ?
I remember you once got in touch with me asking if there were any people quitting their reservation.

Sorry for the confusion but this box is really taking my last nerv.

Cheers, Thomas.

my original email:

Well? Is there a tracking number? I know I'm not the only one in North America who hasn't received their boxes yet. If these were shipped, I'd imagine that emailing out the tracking numbers would have 1) let people know their item finally shipped and 2)taken the burden off you and placed it onto the post office or carrier.

I noticed you've had enough time to update the website as well with a new Enslaved box, as well as the stock numbers for the remaining Opeth boxes has jumped around, so it seems like you're still taking orders.

Anyway, please let me know if my boxes did, in fact, ship and if so what the tracking numbers are.

Yep still no box set today what a shocker its been almsot a full month now since the first people received their box sets so what the hell is the hold up. I to have had previous experience with European sellers and usually within a week sometimes 2 weeks at most its at my door step. Now i had to Email Thomas 3 times before i got any response when i finally did get a response it was Monday this week and he said that he wouldnt have a problem giving me a tracking number for my order he said he wasnt at his office monday but would sent me an email Tuesday with my tracking number well here it is again now Wed and still no tracking number i did get an updated news letter with the new enslaved box set due out in August but not an email i actually wanted. Thomas has terrible customer service it dosent take long to look up a tracking number and then we wouldnt be his problem anymore we would be able to follow our parcels with the post. So i dont understand what is so hard about that i plan on sending Thomas a strongly worded email this evening and i hope to get some service real soon or im taking action with paypal.

Mhm that sucks but sometimes I also must wait more than 4 or 5 weeks for a fucking CD from Canada or the USA.

We still don't even know if ours have shipped yet. I don't care if the mail takes forever to arrive.....I can accept that, but I don't even know if it's been shipped. No one does. I am suspicious that the "bojanglin'" is because they haven't shipped or worse.

We'll see.

^same, if it isnt here by tomarrow, and i havent heard anything, im opening a dispute

lord byron, thats the best guess ive heard yet :), im hoping thats what it is, although i also have not received any emails from them

Very disapointed with Viva Hate.
I live in Brazil and paid for the box on february 21. More than 60 days to now. Sent several e-mails to Viva Hate regarding the tracking number for my order and never had a response. Today Thomas told me my box wasn't shipped yet for some misterious reason.
Glad I filled a claim in Paypal on the last day.

Also, if dude was in the office to send me my tracking number but couldn't find the order, why wouldn't he have gotten anyone elses tracking number and responded to their emails with the info? I would bet that none of ours have shipped and we'll all be disputing this. Sucks too, since I'd be all about the Immortal and Enslaved Boxes.....

still no box set today again shocker i did get a response from thomas telling me he sent me a tracking number and wondered why i didnt get it. I asked him why would i send an email to him again if i received a tracking number he was very prompt in sending me a tracking number finally only downside there is no info on ups or the few other post sites i tried on this tracking number so how do i know mine was sent and he didnt just give me a fake number? i followed up with an email asking what method of postage this box set was shipped in so that i would know for sure the tracking number was a fake. im also glad im not in this alone and many of us here across the ocean are experiencing similar problems im very close to disputing with paypal as well this man has to be stopped from ripping us over here in the Americas off

dispute open, hopefully this will get an answer, i have never been less than courteous to them, so i see no reason why they wont answer us