Opeth "Australien" Tour

xenophobe said:
:err: Jo sent me the link. :p

And you want to marry every girl on UM... you oddity. :guh:
Haven't you learned anything?

I'm marry any girl (and some guys for that matter ;) ) who will do the cooking and cleaning for the rest of the week! :loco:

Fade to Black said:
okok
so lemme get this straight
they might play their heavy stuff as well?!???
Chow Mai Dong said:
Someone on another board emailed their manager, he confirmed it's a Damnation tour, although as to whether there'll be heavy stuff in the encore, who knows.
Well, according to the above guy (and by association the manager), no. Basically look up a set list from late last year during the D2 tour. I'm not sure, but I think the only exception may be 'DoTF' as an encore.... possilbly. I have other suggestoings for a more suitable encore though. ;)

plattopus said:
I dunno if I'm going to be able to make it to all 3 shows like I'd planned. :(
Assuming that you are refering to the three Melbourne gigs, then no, you won't be. The last gig is an under 18 ONLY matinee performance, so unless you were thinking of having a reverse birthday on the 28th from 18 to 17.....

i'd say they would do a couple of there heavier tracks.

because if they just played the whole damnation set then the gig wouldnt go for very long.
Like I said, it would be a good idea to look up previous setlists. You will find that they are including some of their softer (and less frequently played) songs like TBYF and FoM... so if you consider those 'heavy' songs, then yes, it will be a mixed set. Relatively speaking compared their entire back catalogue, it's not.

They're still going at it as a D2 tour? Goddamn it... bad marketing.. BAD BAD marketing.

Why can't we have an old-school revival tour, where they pull out the old Jacksons, metalzones and Marshall stacks then rip into all of Orchid for a gig. Hell yeah.

So it is a Damnation + any other suitable mellow songs gig then? Whatever it is, I doubt I'll be going unless I can con someone into coming along as well, because I really don't like the idea of going to Brisbane or Melbourne specially to see Opeth by myself. It would be cool to see Opeth, but by myself? It would just be lame.

Yeah it would be way cheaper for the band to do a heavy tour, not having to bring out all the extra equipment (ie. acoustic guitars, keyboards, keyboard PLAYER etc.). LETS GO THE HEAVY SET!!!

Look at prevoius D2 Tour setlists.

It won't be dead accurate, but then, no predetermined set list ever is.

Spike said:
Assuming that you are refering to the three Melbourne gigs, then no, you won't be. The last gig is an under 18 ONLY matinee performance, so unless you were thinking of having a reverse birthday on the 28th from 18 to 17.....
Well I'd have to skip 2 years since I just turned 19 :p but I look pretty young so if they don't actually check D.O.B. from ID or anything I reckon I'd have a good chance of getting tickets. But that's only if they don't check your D.O.B., which I know is very unlikely.

Anyway, haven't YOU learned anything?! STOP SPEAKING DOWN TO EVERYONE LIKE A CONDESCENDING PRICK!! YOU ARE NOT THE AUTHORITY ON ALL THINGS OPETH AND PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO SAY STUPID THINGS WHETHER THEY ARE UP TO YOUR STANDARDS OF EXCELLENCE OR NOT!!

Seriously man, get the fuck down off your self-erected pedistal.

plattopus said:
Anyway, haven't YOU learned anything?! STOP SPEAKING DOWN TO EVERYONE LIKE A CONDESCENDING PRICK!! YOU ARE NOT THE AUTHORITY ON ALL THINGS OPETH AND PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO SAY STUPID THINGS WHETHER THEY ARE UP TO YOUR STANDARDS OF EXCELLENCE OR NOT!
I'm just stating the facts buddy, or in some cases, reiterating points earlier in the thread that people somehow manage to 'overloook'.

If I was speaking down to you I'd be adding in the odd 'you fucking idiot' at the end of my earlier posts.................

you fucking idiot.

I'd actualy fly down if Astriaal played support again... but for a Damnation tour? What kind of aussie prog rock bands are there out there?

Katatonic said:
Hey GuYZ stop beIng SUCh HATERZ!!! Im suRe LinKin ParK wilL pLay AlL good SONGS aight?
We got PWND.
Not%20Worthy%20BIG.gif

I'm not sure but I think the support is unconfrimed at this point. Trying to find out.

plattopus said:
Anyway, haven't YOU learned anything?! STOP SPEAKING DOWN TO EVERYONE LIKE A CONDESCENDING PRICK!! YOU ARE NOT THE AUTHORITY ON ALL THINGS OPETH AND PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO SAY STUPID THINGS WHETHER THEY ARE UP TO YOUR STANDARDS OF EXCELLENCE OR NOT!!

Seriously man, get the fuck down off your self-erected pedistal.

Amen. You said it. Spike's got a great habit of talking down to EVERYONE all the time. ALL the time. Deny it all you like Spike, I'm sure we aren't the only two people to have noticed it. It's fucking annoying.

Judas Pissed said:
Amen. You said it. Spike's got a great habit of talking down to EVERYONE all the time. ALL the time. Deny it all you like Spike, I'm sure we aren't the only two people to have noticed it. It's fucking annoying.
Meh, Whatever. Feel free to ignore my posts when I'm trying to impart information in a thread like this. Wouldn't you find it a little bit irritating though when you have to rehash someone else's previous post because someone can't read their way sequentially through a thread to find an existing answer to a question they just asked? It's not just my opinion that people seem to be disregarding.

Or is it that there isn't enough fanboyism contained in my posts? Would this be better?

OMG L0lerz!!11!1 W1ll M3LINDA BE THERE!? i RED AAAALLL ABOUT HER AND i W4NNA MEAT HER S0000 BAD!! i HEAR MIKE'S CH34TING ON HER WITH SOME CHICK CALLED ANNA THOUGH!? i WONDER IF MIKE COUGHS WHEN HE PLAYS THE M00R L1VE. dOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE A LOCK OF MIKE'S PUBIC HAIR LIEK i DO? i STAPELED IT TO MY HEAD!!1!1!!

Oooooor, I could could solve both our problems and just not 'contribute' in threads like this anymore?

Be my guest.

It's possible to inform people without sounding like a fucking asshole. This is all I have to say about this, it's clear that you're the kind of person that wouldn't get the point if it was beaten through you a million times.