Opeth "Australien" Tour

Hmm... So you're saying that me and my over-18 mates can't all go to the same show in Melb?

What if they just pretend to be under 18?!

Judas Pissed said:
Be my guest.

It's possible to inform people without sounding like a fucking asshole. This is all I have to say about this, it's clear that you're the kind of person that wouldn't get the point if it was beaten through you a million times.
I agree with Spike to some extent, because when you've written up a thread, and you have some asshole insult you about something-just because he's to fucken lazy to look through the thread, and he becomes miss informed because of this. But Spike as cool as you are, hey-you could be a little less mean!!! Sometimes they're just straight out fucken dumb fucks and thats not there fault-blame their parents. Whos going to the Brisbane show?

brendo_91 said:
Hmm... So you're saying that me and my over-18 mates can't all go to the same show in Melb?

What if they just pretend to be under 18?!

I pretended to be over 18 for years and it never worked. Believe me, The Corner will be enforcing the under 18s rule. If your friends wanna try pretending they're underage then they should be willing to miss out on Opeth entirely.

Judas Pissed said:
I pretended to be over 18 for years and it never worked. Believe me, The Corner will be enforcing the under 18s rule. If your friends wanna try pretending they're underage then they should be willing to miss out on Opeth entirely.
I know heaps of folks (including myself) who have managed to make it into The Corner whilst underaged... but still, it's probably not worth the gamble of $40, better off going to the U'18 show. :)

I'm going to the Sydney show, and the 2 Melbourne 18+ shows..

I'm quite sure the set list they will be playing is:

The whole of Damnation
Harvest

Drapery Falls or Demon of the fall and a few other heavy songs as the encore :hotjump: ...

sorry I couldn't get here earlier but I was busy all day. for thoes of you who want to know, tickets at the corner (melbourne) went on sale today. you can get them at www.cornerhotel.com or by calling (03) 9427 9198 between 11am-6pm as long as you have a credit card, or just rock up at the corner in person to purchase your tickets. I couldn't get the online transaction system to work on tuesday night and the site says that if you have problems to call them up and do it over the phone, so I did that instead. I have a question though, does anyone know how they can check to see if you are under 18? I mean I understand how they check for over 18's but, under? it's just I want to bring my bf with me but at this rate he can only go to the 18+ gigs. :( If only they came a week later. :bah: oh well. cyu guys there.

FrostbittenGrimness said:
I'm going to the Sydney show, and the 2 Melbourne 18+ shows..

I'm quite sure the set list they will be playing is:

The whole of Damnation
Harvest

Drapery Falls or Demon of the fall and a few other heavy songs as the encore :hotjump: ...

i dont know about the whole of damnation, but most likely most of it & deffinately harvest.

i hope they chuck in masters apprentice, deliverance & a fair judgment.

Koichi said:
How can they prove you are under 18?

If they ask you for id, say "I don't have any, I'm only 17".
thank you koichi. but if you're going to read my mind, in future could you please be a little quicker and save me the making a fool of myself! :p I doubt he'll get in anyway though as he'll be 22 by then and while he looks young for his age, he doesn't look that young. ah well, thanks for the advice anyway. so who else is going?

sorry to shit on your parade but the corner will most likely insist on checking some form of ID, like a school ID card or something with your DOB + photo on it. pubs are assholes here in melb cos of the even more assholic licensing laws.

they don't need laws for an under 18's gig
theres no alcohol..
thus the under-18-ness of it
it just means thge few older people that bother to go cant drink either....
if a 15 year old kid shows up with five bucks for a coke and some chippies at interval, and no wallet - they gonna barr him at the door??? fuck no

if you look younger than 20 theyll let u in...

Spike said:
Feel free to ignore my posts when I'm trying to impart information in a thread like this. Wouldn't you find it a little bit irritating though when you have to rehash someone else's previous post because someone can't read their way sequentially through a thread to find an existing answer to a question they just asked?
That's exactly my point... you take it upon yourself to be the guy who always shows n00bs what dickheads they are. If you hate having to tell people the same info over and over, DON'T FUCKING DO IT! Let them figure out their own mistakes, or leave it to someone who's not quite as condescending as you to show them the error of their ways.

I can't remember ever having to vote for the person who is in charge of ensuring all the posts on this forum are absolutely necessary. Sometimes people just miss things. Get the fuck over it. It's not your job to get snippy at people for being below your level of excellence when it comes to posting on this message board. Leave us the hell alone.

It comes down to one rather important saying you might have heard when you were young: if you can't say anything nice, SHUT THE FUCK UP!

courtesy of the official virgin black mailing list:

6th February 2004

Virgin Black have been confirmed as the main support for the OPETH Australian tour
playing 4 of the 6 shows:

Tue. March 23rd - Adelaide, Heaven Nightclub, All-ages
Fri. March 26th - Melbourne, The Corner Hotel
Sat. March 27th - Melbourne, The Corner Hotel
Sun. March 28th - Melbourne, The Corner Hotel - matinee, All-ages

Yipee!!1!1!! :D is this kewl or what. should be great I'm thinking.

Woah Virgin Black that's pretty fuckin sweet. I've heard a couple of their songs and they aren't half bad. Looking forward to seeing them!

Forgive my laziness to read over the last page or two, but anybody know of any other supporting bands playing in Melbourne?

ShroudOfDusk said:
Virgin Black aye? That sounds great... but not great enough to travel across the country for... enjoy the show everyone
can't you go to brisbane instead? :( and see whoever it is they have playing there? you're missing out though if you don't want to come and see virgin black too though, they're great! :D