Opeth "Australien" Tour

Ooh... a mixed set :D:D:D:D:D
Hope so very much indeed

Got my tickets for the Enmore booked and sent. I got my dad to get em with his credit card and he couldn't understand why I didn't want a seated ticket hahahahahahahahaa old people are so funny :D

fuck yeah, a couple of heavy songs would be reaaaaaly nice.
:)

If anyone gets their hands on any setlist info, be sure to post!!!

and BTW, do we know who's opening at the Sydney show? Aren't VB only opening at Melbourne adn somewhere else...(not Sydney)?

We aint got no pussy seats here in Melbourne :D. Means we will all be moshing through Windowpane.

Oh and you bootlegging bastards.. if my voice recovers by late March, you won't be able to record any clear sound of the band. Just a forewarning... so try to hook yourself up to the PA or something :lol:

Just got my ticket to the Sydney gig and the guy at the record store said it would just be an acoustic gig, but I'm not sure he knew what the hell he was talking about.

well i got my standing ticket
only to find out that my nine other mates coming have all got seats
the fucking retards....

oh well
they better play harvest like on the dvd....
and a heavy song or two

You'll either love or hate Canberra as a metal scene, it's one or the other. Small Venues and intimate gigs are generally the order, but when something packs out, it's the most fucking insane place ever. We'll never get Opeth, not at this stage anyway.

Well the gig here in Melbourne will be 5 hours, including supports... I can't imagine how they'd get around 2 to 3 hours of strictly mellow material. They'd have to play a few heavy numbers. Since there's no seating either... And since the gig is underage, and younger folks ahve not seen Opeth here before they may decide to give us a 'broader' selection of music :D

Koichi said:
You'll either love or hate Canberra as a metal scene, it's one or the other. Small Venues and intimate gigs are generally the order, but when something packs out, it's the most fucking insane place ever. We'll never get Opeth, not at this stage anyway.
It can't be too bad, you had Incantation playing there a few years back, and there's MFTB! How do I go about finding out about gigs?

hibernal_dream said:
It can't be too bad, you had Incantation playing there a few years back, and there's MFTB! How do I go about finding out about gigs?

I absolutely love the scene here, it's not segregated at all and everyone is really friendly. The thing some people get the shits about it is it's fairly small. We have awesome local bands, and possibly the best dedicated metal bar I have been to.

It's great if you like small gigs, with nice people.

You people in Canberra seem to have a decent scene. Darwin used to have a great scene. These days I'm singing in the last metal band in the area. Any suggestions for what could be done to get people more interested in making metal?

OMG! check it out! :eek:

Opeth will play a mixed set on the Australian tour. the set will contain both soft an heavy material.
go check it out on the official site if you don't believe me! oh, and dungeon are the support act at the enmore. I can't wait to see them now!!!! now I just have to find out what everybody looks like so I can recognise the UM'ers when I get there. who ever said it was going to be a soft set? :p

PoS said:
who ever said it was going to be a soft set? :p
.......The lady is right, and that idiot would be me by the way. :cry:

Oh well, sometimes it's perferable to be wrong I guess. *Sigh*

PoS said:
can't you go to brisbane instead? :( and see whoever it is they have playing there? you're missing out though if you don't want to come and see virgin black too though, they're great! :D
Indeed, I'd actually have to say that Virgin Black are one of the more interesting and underrated bands in the country, and I can't think of a more appropriate band to support. Fucking excellent. :) Should be great exposure for them too.

Hurrah for the mixed set.
Anyone want to tell me what I should expect from Dungeon? I havn't heard any of their stuff.
PS. Do they have an official website? I can't seem to find one.